Opinions on Tool
04-03-2018, (Subject: Opinions on Tool ) 
RE: Opinions on Tool
(04-03-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  If you don't feel like carrying a cheater bar with you and jumping up and down on one. You could always weld a small sled or ski on the end of your ratchet, put the ratchet on the lug nut, have it resting real close to the ground in the correct position, and drive forward with the truck a foot or two to break the lug nut loose. Once all of them are broke loose then Jack the wheel set up and complete taking the lug nuts off.
I've also used the truck similarly to remove stubborn u joint bolts. Put your wrench on the bolt put a cheater pipe on it to touch the ground Jack the wheels up off the ground and very gently let up on the clutch until the bolt breaks loose. But this also requires two people 1 to operate the clutch and one to watch to make sure you don't just spin your rigging up through a bunch of Airlines and electrical wires or snap everything.
Work smarter not harder.

My wife's daughter can break lugs loose with a 4-foot cheater and a 3/4" ratchet. We torque the lugs to 450 ft-lbs.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
04-03-2018, (Subject: Opinions on Tool ) 
RE: Opinions on Tool
I completely agree carry a long enough bar you don't have to work very hard. I carry my own three and a half foot cheater pipe that slides over all my wrenches and ratchets. I was just putting the idea and knowledge out there. It's for the guys that don't have room or you're just really in a bind and need a new idea. As a flatbed guy we carry quite a few tools just for the trade. So you learn to get quite creative with them when they're on hand. I've moved 18000 pound crane counterweights using 2 ratchet binders on the deck of my trailer. Inch by inch until I had it properly placed over my axles to make weight.
Or straps and ratchets to pull entire shifted loads over back into place.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.