ISX EGR 550 hard to Start when Hot
05-03-2018, (Subject: ISX EGR 550 hard to Start when Hot ) 
RE: ISX EGR 550 hard to Start when Hot
25,000km without any starting difficulties.

Cleaned the EGR sensors and gained a 14% fuel economy increase. Amazing result. I burn on average 1250lts per day so the saving are substantial.

Today engine oil was pushed out of the Radiator expansion tank. Mechanics are on the job.
replyreply
05-03-2018, (Subject: ISX EGR 550 hard to Start when Hot ) 
a bad engine oil cooler will do that.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
05-09-2018, (Subject: ISX EGR 550 hard to Start when Hot ) 
(05-03-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  a bad engine oil cooler will do that.

Good call. Oil Cooler replaced and back on the road.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Brock
06-03-2018, (Subject: ISX EGR 550 hard to Start when Hot ) 
Engine was fine for a week or so and then the Air Compressor failed and pumped oil into the water. That was fixed and a week later the oil in water returned.

Engine is now receiving a long overdue rebuild as the cause of the oil in the water could not be found. Head gasket looked okay, head pressure tested okay, Oil cooler pressure tested okay. Not much remains except the block.
replyreply
06-03-2018, (Subject: ISX EGR 550 hard to Start when Hot ) 
(06-03-2018 )alamow Wrote:  Engine was fine for a week or so and then the Air Compressor failed and pumped oil into the water. That was fixed and a week later the oil in water returned.

Engine is now receiving a long overdue rebuild as the cause of the oil in the water could not be found. Head gasket looked okay, head pressure tested okay, Oil cooler pressure tested okay. Not much remains except the block.

You can pressure test the elements in the oil cooler and it still put oil in the coolant around its outsides. Just a thought.

Some trucks have a tranny heat exchanger that uses the coolant system, and they can go bad too.

Hopefully you did not take it to a stealershit or some other complete moron of a shop to have it half-arssed re-built. That is all most of them do any more.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Waterloo , redbeard
06-09-2018, (Subject: ISX EGR 550 hard to Start when Hot ) 
Rawze, you are correct again. Brand new engine Oil Cooler is leaking internally.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
07-26-2018, (Subject: ISX EGR 550 hard to Start when Hot ) 
In frame rebuild completed a few weeks ago. Did a Turbo actuator second trip out but since then it's been 30,000km happy motoring. All road train work.

One of the pistons had grabbed a liner. Main bearings were shot. Air compressor head leaking water internally. Water leaking into the air compressor cylinder could have been causing the hot starting problem. Not sure.

Thanks for all the help and advice.
replyreply
(07-26-2018 )alamow Wrote:  In frame rebuild completed a few weeks ago. Did a Turbo actuator second trip out but since then it's been 30,000km happy motoring. All road train work.

One of the pistons had grabbed a liner. Main bearings were shot. Air compressor head leaking water internally. Water leaking into the air compressor cylinder could have been causing the hot starting problem. Not sure.

Thanks for all the help and advice.

Thanks for the follow-up. Hopefully everything was done correctly and you will have a happy engine now for a long time to come.

replyreply
My 871 does the same crap, kill it, try to restart an hr or so later its sluggish like a dead battery, key off try again and it spins like a top. Ive also had fuel hydrolocking issues, kill it, injector dumps fuel into chamber, wont turn over tdc.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.