ISX EGR 550 hard to Start when Hot
04-06-2018, (Subject: ISX EGR 550 hard to Start when Hot ) 
RE: ISX EGR 550 hard to Start when Hot
(04-03-2018 )DLC Wrote:  I'm surprised that they don't put larger engine in those trucks. I only gross at 41,500 kgs Winter weight tandem trailer and 46,500 Kgs on my tridem. I can't imagine pulling twice that especially in the heat. Your radiators and cooling systems must be huge. Dealing with that kind of heat would be a big problem. -40 C might be easier than + 40C.

550 - 600hp is plenty of power for the job. We call them real American hp as the Volvo's have 700hp and wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding. The Australian manufactured KW, MACKS, CATS and Western Stars have the Cab raised a few inches to allow more airflow. Biggest annoyance is the cab floors become hot and cook your feet and anything else sitting on the floor.

41,500kg on a tandem is a lot of weight, plus the fact your trailers are so long must make them a handful in tight places and terribly unstable through the corners. I would be looking in the mirrors all the time waiting for the trailer to come and tap me on the shoulder. Is hauling the long trailers challenging or just look worse on Youtube than it actually is?

I've been running short haul this week so not generating the heat to cause any starting problem. Should be back into it next week and can continue fault finding using the advice from this forum. No coolant added. EGR cooler checked out okay when pressure tested. Followed Rawze's video but could only wait one hour. Will test again during the next service to be 100% sure.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX EGR 550 hard to Start when Hot - alamow - 04-06-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.