Fan Cycling Problem.
04-08-2018, (Subject: Fan Cycling Problem. ) 
RE: Fan Cycling Problem.
Make sure when you change the switch to use TWO wrenches. One to hold the bottom put, and the other to wrench the switch off. If not then you might end up spraying refrigerant everywhere.... I know this somehow
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Matt , Rawze
Not that this is your problem or a cause of your problem. But I have seen AC systems so overcharged that they cause these kind of symptoms. Most commercial trucks only hold 3.5 to 4 lb of freon to operate the system properly. I've recovered trucks that had upwards of 12 pounds in them. This causes the highpressure switch to go nuts on its own because there is just way too much liquid freon in the system. Most of the time it's from drivers buying cans of freon and just dumping huge amounts of it into the system thinking the more you have the colder it gets. When in reality it stops functioning after it is overcharged. The AC will not blow cold and the compressor will not engage. If you feel you or someone may have done this to your truck you may want to go have it recovered vacuumed and recharged to proper levels.
And I doubt that this is still a problem but who knows anymore. We used to see the occasional truck come in with propane in the AC system. Mainly down around Mexico or trucks that travel to Mexico. Propane's a good refrigerant and is still used in a lot of mini fridges and bar refrigerators. But banned in vehicles. Too many problems with explosions and high pressure issues.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Matt , Rawze , Kid Rock , rrod
I believe mine is good, I rebuilt the entire HVAC case/assembly on the firewall of the truck since mine was totally rotted out last June. When I was done I had it charged by our company shop and I was standing right next to the mechanic when he filled it and we filled it with 3.something I believe using a proper AC machine. The AC worked 100% all summer. If this doesn't fix it though I will inspect the AC System further. Good advice to put out there nonetheless.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.