service
04-03-2018, (Subject: service ) 
service
i have ash coming out my exhaust stacks from time to time.kind of like its snowing around my truck is there anything i can check or do about it,or is that common with the newer truck
replyreply
RE: service
No I'm pretty sure the "newer" trucks aren't supposed to emit much of anything. Your gonna need to post a little more info though. What engine do you have? Mandated? Mileage? Etc.
replyreply
mandated with a dpf system cummins isx cm2350 milage is 271127..right now im getting arounr 6.7 miles to the gallon.i try to change the oil around 18k in havent done anything to the motor but change out the imap sensor
replyreply
04-04-2018, (Subject: service ) 
Are you sure it is not dried DEF fluid spewing out?

If the DPF and SCR systems are still functional then you have some problems. How much DEF fluid is it going through?. It could be a leaking DEF injector or perhaps a NOx sensor not reading correctly making it use too much.

Also make sure you have the right program in the ECM at the correct HP settings. The wrong program will make one use a lot of extra DEF too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
it could be dried up def fluid and i use about a tank every 2500-3000 miles .i never had anything done to the ECM its still set the same way it came from the dealer.what the best way to check DEF injector and the NOx senso.r with out going to the shop or should i take it to the shop cents i still have and warranty..i would like to be able to check it out my self not afraid to get my hands dirty ..i all so use a DPF cleaner from lucas that u get from the truck stop every oil change ,not sure if hat help or hurt the system.
replyreply
I’m planning to disassemble and inspect that same DEF injector (valve). The steps of how to do that are on quickserve.cummins.com.

You register there for free, enter your engine info. Then you go to the service tap and choose the service manual. Once there click on exhaust system and choose DEF valve. I would suggest also reading the Exhaust system overview.

User's Signature: I Need to start asking my stupid questions
replyreply
thank ill take a look at it ans see what i have to do to ..
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.