Coolant coming out reservoir and WP leak
05-09-2018, (Subject: Coolant coming out reservoir and WP leak ) 
RE: Coolant coming out reservoir and WP leak
(05-07-2018 )Brock Wrote:  That's because you used a rad cap but did you block the pressure relief cap? Sounds to me like the pressure relief cap was doing it's job and relieving the pressure at 12psi.

Your wasting your money on a water pump, I promise you. The water pump is leaking because the excessive pressure blew out the seals..... I literally just wen through this with my Pete. 12psi is higher than your cooling system should run.

Put a hose from this pressure relief into a bottle of coolant and you should see bubbles when it warms up and pressures up. I bet when your pressure gauge is up at 12psi, you'll see bubbles in your bottle like in my video here...

https://youtu.be/k-pgt5WgCaU

This was my Pete that just blew the head gasket. I played the exact same game your playing now.

I did run a hose from overflow into a bottle of water when the engine was warm and ran it up to 1400 rpm. No bubbles...thats why I was considering all possibilities. If it turns out to be a head gasket...its probably full rebuild time. Then I'll talk to unilever about my options.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.