Finally bringing Prostar home to fix....
04-24-2018, (Subject: Finally bringing Prostar home to fix.... ) 
RE: Finally bringing Prostar home to fix....
Brock, I can see you throwing one hell of a party when you get it figured out!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
04-24-2018, (Subject: Finally bringing Prostar home to fix.... ) 
(04-24-2018 )Bahdan Wrote:  Brock, I can see you throwing one hell of a party when you get it figured out!

Either that or he'll have one hellacious wienie roast with the truck as the heat source.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
04-25-2018, (Subject: Finally bringing Prostar home to fix.... ) 
Lol there will be some serious celebrating.

Unfortunately it won't be right now as that didn't work, ran for over a hour then started acting up again. I just swapped ecm right now with one from a cm870. It's running now, egr codes of course but I don't care, this will help narrow down the issue im having.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
Truck ran with no issues for 2 hours so it's looking like it might be new ecm time.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
I believe Unilevers called this a "Rabbit hole"

Down down down you go Allis.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Old Driver
Talked with unilevers who told me my test with the 870 ecm was all but useless as it's not setup to multiplex.

Put mine back on, unplugged abs module and ran it for 1.5 hours before it stalled. Hooked abs back up, cleared codes and it's been running fine since. I just drove a few hundred miles to finally unload and back with zero issues.

I did notice that after cleaning the inside firewall grounds, the truck ran alot longer between stalling. It sucks now because I know I didn't do anything today to fix this problem but won't be able to find it till it acts up again.

replyreply
I did notice some gooey black glue type stuff had leaked from the bcm onto the wiring under it. Normal? Was the bcm getting hot from poor ground?

replyreply
(04-25-2018 )Brock Wrote:  I did notice some gooey black glue type stuff had leaked from the bcm onto the wiring under it. Normal? Was the bcm getting hot from poor ground?

Sounds like the epoxy melted, if not to bad it is fixable in the right hands, if not you may have to replace. My buddy’s was fixable, he is still running his, been a couple of years now.
replyreply
04-26-2018, (Subject: Finally bringing Prostar home to fix.... ) 
(04-25-2018 )Brock Wrote:  Talked with unilevers who told me my test with the 870 ecm was all but useless as it's not setup to multiplex.

Put mine back on, unplugged abs module and ran it for 1.5 hours before it stalled. Hooked abs back up, cleared codes and it's been running fine since. I just drove a few hundred miles to finally unload and back with zero issues.

I did notice that after cleaning the inside firewall grounds, the truck ran alot longer between stalling. It sucks now because I know I didn't do anything today to fix this problem but won't be able to find it till it acts up again.

If the ECM is more than 8 years old, simply replacing it is not a bad option to see if that will cure it. It is not money lost if it is that old.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.