Finally bringing Prostar home to fix....
05-01-2018, (Subject: Finally bringing Prostar home to fix.... ) 
RE: Finally bringing Prostar home to fix....
Do you think if you would have caught this earlier the fix would have been better? Is there anything ty hat could have prevented this?
replyreply
05-01-2018, (Subject: Finally bringing Prostar home to fix.... ) 
(05-01-2018 )Brock Wrote:  
(05-01-2018 )74bassman Wrote:  Thanks. Have you run the truck yet?
Yeah I drove it all day yesterday doing loads and it was good buy currently I am on the side of the road waiting for my wife to bring me a new ecm.........

Damage must have already been done. Once it got real hot pulling a big hill, it shi#t the bed again.
Sorry I didn't post it yesterday but probably not late yet.
ECM damage looks like from circuit overloading. It means something shorted and overloading transistor. Good to trace connections from transistor to outside pins to figure it out. Short wires in ECM harness or solenoid can destroy new ECM.
Did you have reverse battery polarity connection happens?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
05-02-2018, (Subject: Finally bringing Prostar home to fix.... ) 
I don't know of any but who knows what's happened in mechanics hands. I've had a few issues pop up and I think they all mifgt be tied to the corroded grounds I had.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Chamberpains , Hammerhead
05-09-2018, (Subject: Finally bringing Prostar home to fix.... ) 
Is the truck running now?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
05-10-2018, (Subject: Finally bringing Prostar home to fix.... ) 
Yeah it's running great now, turns out all the issues were tied to the fried ecm motherboard. I can't believe it caused that much havoc with the other controller units!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Was it easy enough to split that ECM without damaging anything? Do you have any warnings or precautions if a guy was to split one and have a poke around? What would you use to seal it back up if everything checked out?
replyreply
Is there any preventive maintance that could have prevent this, or thing that you would recommend?
replyreply
(05-10-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Was it easy enough to split that ECM without damaging anything? Do you have any warnings or precautions if a guy was to split one and have a poke around? What would you use to seal it back up if everything checked out?

I pried the crap out of it and peaked it back with a flathead screwdriver which is where I failed. The guy a at the electronic repair shop said they could almost guarantee I destroyed the mother board because I bent and twisted it as I opened it up. They also said it's just silicone around there.

If I did it again, I might try a heat gun to soften the silicone. I believe if I would have been more careful that maybe I could have salvaged it...... who knows though as crazy things were happening through the data link already by this time.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
(05-10-2018 )74bassman Wrote:  Is there any preventive maintance that could have prevent this, or thing that you would recommend?
I had this 1117 code for quite some time just kind of floating around in the background but not causing issues at all. I've noticed a couple of my saved tunes/files have it active when I flash them into my ecm so I know this to be the case.

If I would have fixed this right away and found the issue, I could have fixed it no problem and saved boat loads of money. The crap I went through to find this is insane andnyet it is such a simple code to diagnose and fix yourself without spending any money at a shop.... I was thinking of possibly making a video in the hopes of saving someone else from the crap I went through.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , snailexpress , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.