Ever have fault 1117? Ignition pwr loss.
09-04-2017, (Subject: Ever have fault 1117? Ignition pwr loss. ) 
RE: Ever have fault 1117? Ignition pwr loss.
Average expected lifespan of silicone-based electronic components is about 10 years shelf life. This is regardless of use or not. Heat plays a big roll in lifespan though, even if the components are not being used. At 185 F+ that the ECM has to suffer on a constant basis, my own opinion would expect that lifespan to be about 7-8 years instead of 10. Add in vibration and all the other things like heat expansion etc. and it becomes a pretty harsh environment those ECM's have to suffer. If you get more than half that (4 years+) out of one, it has done ok in my book, and it is not a wasted investment to replace it if other options for finding problems have been exhausted. To me, even the couple hundred bucks they offer for the old core is meaningless too, if the replacement ECM does not fix the underlying issue.

I have seen my share of old trucks with old ECM's on them that are more than 10 years old, but they are running on borrowed time if you ask me.

- The best option would be to put a different ECM on it for a few days from another truck known not to have that problem, but unfortunately that is not an option that everyone has.

Just some blabbering words to think about -- Rawze.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-08-2017, (Subject: Ever have fault 1117? Ignition pwr loss. ) 
Well a update: international fixed a couple connections on the autoshift as there were shifting codes too and that fixed the ecu power issue but now there is a code up saying connection lost between transmission controller and cluster and the truck wouldn't start.

A mechanic with a snap on computer scanner said no faults on ecu or tcu but alot of "undefined codes" in body control module. He cleared the bcm codes and the truck fired right up.

This mechanic thinks maybe the bcm is bad because he says he has gone through every inch of wire in the dash, to the ecm and tcu.

I on the other hand think I just lost a good driver.....

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
This is why I dislike auto shifts transmissions. If there is a fault your stuck. I get the computer can shift it better than a human but that's only if your the kind of driver that does not care about when the computer thinks it needs to shift for best economy.

I had a auto shift, a 3 pedal so I still had control of the clutch. It was great as I didn't have a stick in my walkway and that computer never missed or ground a gear. Now having said the benefits I saw let me also say it tended to shift on hills too soon so it would bounce right back to a lower gear. It had a bad habit of lugging the engine as well. It was all in the programming and I found myself driving it in manual mode....I loved it right up until the display went from displaying the gear I was in to displaying FF. It was an expensive lesson. Cost just shy of 4k to get it all sorted out. I got rid of that truck and bought this prostar.
replyreply
Mine is the gen 3. 3 pedal as well but mine acts totally different. It will downshift the second it drops below 1500rpm on a hill. I love the transmission, love the way it drives when it works good but lately it's been a pain.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
04-14-2018, (Subject: Ever have fault 1117? Ignition pwr loss. ) 
Solved. Problem continued and explained here for anyone having the same issue.......

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2969

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , Rawze , Chamberpains

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.