How is your Cummins 2250 Doing?
08-31-2018, (Subject: How is your Cummins 2250 Doing? ) 
How is your Cummins 2250 Doing?
Just wanted some feedback on if anybody out here has the 2250 Cummins engine and how your doing with it as this is what I have in my truck. How many miles? How long have you had it?
Whats your mpg? Other tips etc be appreciated.
replyreply
09-01-2018, (Subject: How is your Cummins 2250 Doing? ) 
RE: How is your Cummins 2250 Doing?
I have a 2250 in my 2013 Volvo. It's rated for 400hp and 1550/1750tq. It has a 10 speed Eaton with 3.42 rear end gears.

The truck I have used to be my company truck. I was issued the truck with only 6,000 miles on it back in October 2012. When the mega fleet company I work for decided to go 100% Freightliner Cascadia "Smart" trucks (Automatics and frontal radar systems) in 2015 I told the higher ups that it's either they let me purchase my 2013 Volvo, or I'm working for someone else. The reason I said that is because I tried one of the "Smart" trucks and every time someone cut me off, the truck would slam the brakes by itself. I drove it 10 miles before I said "NOPE!".

So, I purchased the Volvo from the mega fleet company in October 2015 with 290,000 miles on it. Now it has 610k. I've replaced the turbo, the DOC, and the DPF at 390k. It also burns a gallon or so of oil between oil changes. I change the oil every 10-12,500 miles. Other than that, no issues. I get low 7's for fuel mileage in the warmer months and low 6's in the winter months. Been pretty good to me so far. But with the large amount of negativity I hear about the 2250, I know that "THE END" is near.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
Mine is at 900,000 miles on my 2011 Volvo 630 all original except for the water pump and alternator. Still has original 3 cylinder fuel pump and is currently parked sitting in my machine shed until that get fixed along with a leaky air compressor. Truck runs great yet and will be overhauled soon.

It does like burning oil especially adter 10,000 miles. I had the intake off back before I parked it to replace a leaking gasket and seen that the valve stems are oil soaked.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Rockhwy
I'd like to get a million. I've put alot into mine already. My clutch went out. It was a 10 speed automatic clutch and I paid about $2800 for just the parts! But I still getting like in the 6 or so mpg range. Maybe my dpf is near the end and causing bad mpg although I'm not getting any warning signs of it going out. Idk if I'll like this engine. Maybe when it goes out I'll get a dd15 put in it.
replyreply
After I deal with my fuel pump and air compressor I may run a few more miles on it but since my other truck (Volvo D12 daycab) is up and running and a nice rate increase from the company I pull out of plans always change.

I might sell the 630 to buy a daycab Volvo with an ISX as that i have no need for a sleeper. Just extra weight and more cumbersome in a way.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.