Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
05-02-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
Reman unit, $1200, I’m keeping my old one just in case. $250 core, that’s cheap. And, new are available, $1,700. Rawze said they replace all internal parts, the board, with new. The only difference is the case, I’ll take his word on that and save $250.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
05-02-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
Wow. And I felt accomplished...2 injectors, overhead, turbo and actuator, some chambers, air lines, levelling valve, replaced some broken hardware and some rattles, and a few other little things in the past few days.

Amazing how well she runs with good injectors! I lucked out on some older NIB ones for a steal, put some on the shelf and replaced my bad ones. One of them came in the old style box and had older markings on it compared to the newer ones...date on it puts it at 10 years old!

I need to plan on upgrading my hardware under the front cover when I do my fan clutch here in the near future, though it might make more sense to wait until next time my engine is apart as well...

With all the talk about haggais, it makes it hard to not just drop off my truck there later in the year...but then I'd never have the chance to cut the counterbores and get balls deep in this thing, pull the crank, etc...

I'm an engine kinda guy. Hard to resist the temptation to DIY it at home. Glad yours is coming along, betcha can't wait to drive it!

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: zero4
05-03-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
(05-02-2018 )dhirocz Wrote:  Wow. And I felt accomplished...2 injectors, overhead, turbo and actuator, some chambers, air lines, levelling valve, replaced some broken hardware and some rattles, and a few other little things in the past few days.

Amazing how well she runs with good injectors! I lucked out on some older NIB ones for a steal, put some on the shelf and replaced my bad ones. One of them came in the old style box and had older markings on it compared to the newer ones...date on it puts it at 10 years old!

I need to plan on upgrading my hardware under the front cover when I do my fan clutch here in the near future, though it might make more sense to wait until next time my engine is apart as well...

With all the talk about haggais, it makes it hard to not just drop off my truck there later in the year...but then I'd never have the chance to cut the counterbores and get balls deep in this thing, pull the crank, etc...

I'm an engine kinda guy. Hard to resist the temptation to DIY it at home. Glad yours is coming along, betcha can't wait to drive it!

old injectors??? -- You might want to consider older injectors has a recall on them...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...08#pid2508

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
(05-02-2018 )dhirocz Wrote:  Wow. And I felt accomplished...2 injectors, overhead, turbo and actuator, some chambers, air lines, levelling valve, replaced some broken hardware and some rattles, and a few other little things in the past few days.

Yes, I cannot wait to get this thing on the road! It is fun being here at Rawze's house, but I know I need to pick up the pace. Rawze has things to do and I am still here, delays in parts and weather have slowed us down, but I am getting a bit long in the tooth around here. These folks need some peace and quiet, this is a busy place, and Rawze has his allergies flaring up, so do I, and it really is making things miserable physically. Rawze is really bad, he is not feeling that great and I need to get the rag out of my ass. But, we have help today, Bao is here to save the day! He is here taking his 34, and I am grateful for that. He is a good motivator!

I am no expert, but a boxed ten year old injector? I would be leery of using that, unless the construction is 100% metal internally. I am not up on the internal construction, thinking internal rubber or similar material that breaks down with age in dry conditions. Then the recall, I remember that on the older injectors too, just my .02.

The front cover is easy enough to remove, I would want to see what is in there especially after what we found under mine. If you have a split gear or not, I would want to know for sure if there is one in there. Mine was supposed to come with the solid gear from the factory, but it came with the split. The new gear we just picked up is the correct part, a non split gear.

As far as going to Mr Haggs, if Rawze had not called me, I would have driven straight to his shop, no doubt in my mind. That was going to be my first action after verifying the bad head, call Mr Hagg. I was in no mood to do this work, I was ready to throw a match to this truck and walk away, and I am still disgusted with everything that has been going on, who would not be? I would not wish this on anyone. But, I am glad Rawze called, the education I am getting is priceless, I will never be hesitant to put a wrench to this motor.

I'm going to prep the block a bit more, install the carbon rings and set the gasket. That should not take much time, I just hope the carbon rings go in without any fuss. Like I said, it is busy around here, and it is easy to get distracted. Once the head is set, I will breath a sigh of relief.
replyreply
I was hoping to stop by this AM after I unloaded, but the wife said I have things to do at the house. Damn rabbits why do they need a bigger box.
replyreply
(05-03-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  

old injectors??? -- You might want to consider older injectors has a recall on them...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...08#pid2508

Looks to be older than that...it has an RX p/n on the box, not a PX...pulled it out and it is not marked as a reman.

The ones I installed we're also new ones. I didn't install any remans yet, they are still on the shelf.

For what I paid for these, it was worth it just for cores...so I'm still not complaining. I'll see if I can pull one out and snap a pic of it today.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Well, Wildpib, Rawze and myself installed the head today! it is on, and torqued down to 300 ft lbs! Wildpib was a huge help, he stopped by for his 34 and was a real blessing. He really helped to speed up the process. It was King Kong (Rawze) and Wildpib who is all of four feet tall and me the ballerina... I did one hell of an impression of Swan Lake, LOL! Torquing the head to 300 ft lbs and I went tumbling! Fell flat on my rear end. King Kong stepped in and told me to stand aside, let me show you some old man ass. LOL! Rawze nailed all 24 bolts out with ease... I think he has done this stuff before. Hmmmm...

It was a good day, didn't start out as such though... We checked the head prior to uncreating and discovered two of the bearings for the cams were way off center in regards to the oil feed holes. One on each end, opposite of each other. So, we took the head up to Mr Haggs to get his opinion... We arrived, and there was an assortment of new and old heads sitting there in front of the shop, including my old head. Well, everyone we checked was like that. So, back to the house we went to install.

All went well, Rawze's crane did the heavy lifting and setting of the head with ease. Rolled it right up, and lowered it right to where it needed to be, really something to see. Set it down on the block and a very gentle love tap from a small hammer and she settled right in. Installed the bolts, did my ballerina moves, buttoned her up and went to dinner.

Damn glad that is over, will set the bolts tomorrow, that 90* turn the head bolts require and start putting the truck back together! Finally, some light at the end of the tunnel!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BobsYourUncle , DDlighttruck , dhirocz , Hammerhead , Roysbigtoys , Volvo8873 , t700 , Kid Rock , Brock , zero4 , Toolguy
05-04-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
Glad to hear your gettin it together Waterloo.
My buddy phoned me today about an issue he was having, them clouds didn't look promising. Gave him several tests to try hoping it was the compressor.
...combustion gas test-positive in the rad on his 2250!
Hangin my head...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: overshot
05-04-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
(05-04-2018 )Hammerhead Wrote:  Glad to hear your gettin it together Waterloo.
My buddy phoned me today about an issue he was having, them clouds didn't look promising. Gave him several tests to try hoping it was the compressor.
...combustion gas test-positive in the rad on his 2250!
Hangin my head...

Sounds like in frame time for him... I saw a few like that up at mr Haggs, that 2250 is an interesting motor to say the least, carbon packing is a term I heard quite a bit.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.