Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
05-09-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
The other night Mr Hagg came over to the house, he was nice enough to check the gear lash on the new one piece injector cam gear, we were fine and dodged a bullet. If not, the entire front cover would have had to come off. That entails removing the damper, loosening the engine mounts and jacking up the motor. Not something I was interested in doing.

While at Mr Hagg's shop, there was a turbo sitting on his floor, man she looked pretty. Turns out there is a gentleman down here doing some outstanding work on these Cummins turbos. He was a vendor for many years at the Atlanta Speedway and his specialty is Turbo rebuilding. He comes highly recommended and warranties his work. I figured maybe I should have him work some of his magic on mine. When Mr Hagg was at the house, he grabbed mine and dropped it off.

Now, we are waiting on some Loc Tite 609, we need that for the cam gears. None was applied with the last in frame, and more than likely that is what took out that injection cam gear. We have had some on order for a week and I just ordered another bottle yesterday, supposed to be here today. No one in town stocks this stuff and I am not using a substitute, to much invested in this motor already, doing it right, even if it takes a bit longer. The new exhaust manifold should be in, hopefully will go get that one today. We are having company today, another truck is coming for a visit...

Not much more to report, did some rust removal and used more of the Corroseal, along with some grinding and painting. Rawze's truck is here and I did some work on his too... ;-)

Oh, the bolt, the consencus around here is to leave it alone. It is in the center of the front housing and should not be an issue. I used a good bit of Loc Tite on it, the kind that expands. Will keep my fingers crossed, if not, I have the Helicoil set here and ready to go with that if it is the case.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
Make sure you take that Hela coil and hold it close to your stripped out bolt so it can see it. If Hammerheads right it should get scared and continue doing its job holding that pan gasket tight without having to pull it out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , Hammerhead
Hey Waterloo let us know what it ends up costing you for the turbo work. That guy has been mentioned in other threads, I'm curious what he charges to rebuild a turbo.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
I second this....
replyreply
Here is the text Mr Hagg sent, I said do it.

Yes it needed a few things internal plate was warn due to turbo no being balanced. Said 1600 plus tax to fix
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
Waterloo - I was coming home tonight from a parts run and this song came on the stereo and I immediately thought of you. Change the title from "Broke Down South of Dallas" to "Broke Down at Rawze's House" and I think we got a winner.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Magard
LMAO! Head to toe covered in grease! That’s me!
replyreply
I guess that is how you know that you are doing it right?
replyreply
Well, I’m dirty, head to toe... Did everything by the book, Mr Hagg has been looking in with us and checking a couple of critical things and so far, no mistakes. Good to have a second set of experienced eyes on everything. I am the third set of eyes soaking it all in. I believe I am in fantastic hands. And don’t go there, I’m talking about the motor... LOL!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.