Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
05-12-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
That looks better than the one i got from Cummins in January.
replyreply
(05-11-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  Here is my reman turbo... Pretty sweet. Mr Hagg says he is one of the best turbo rebuilders around. His turnaround was two business days. I don’t know what or how he does this, I guess that is why they call him the “Turbo Man”! Truly beautiful work, I hate to install it on the truck! Would look great on my coffee table!

Is it possible to box up a turbo and send it over to the "Turbo Man" if we can't get down to Atlanta?

Like an address or contact info?

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard , DosGatos , BobsYourUncle , Chamberpains
(05-12-2018 )Billdozer2 Wrote:  
(05-11-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  Here is my reman turbo... Pretty sweet. Mr Hagg says he is one of the best turbo rebuilders around. His turnaround was two business days. I don’t know what or how he does this, I guess that is why they call him the “Turbo Man”! Truly beautiful work, I hate to install it on the truck! Would look great on my coffee table!

Is it possible to box up a turbo and send it over to the "Turbo Man" if we can't get down to Atlanta?

I’ll ask Mr Hagg, won’t be until Monday though.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Billdozer2
Turbo man is about to become very busy

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Yes he is. I’ve never seen mechanical work like this from a true mom and pop shop. In this case, a “pop” shop. Just one man doing this work if I understood correctly. All the guy has done for years, he is has quite the reputation at Atlanta Motor Speedway, a very good reputation. And the fact that in over a year none of his work has failed.
replyreply
Well, injector and exhaust rockers are installed. I’ll do the overhead tomorrow. Going over the turbo lines. What a mess one of them is. I’m going to order a new one, may just replace them all while it is apart. Oxidation and road salt has really gotten to them. My poor truck...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , BobsYourUncle
(05-12-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  

I think the name of the turbo rebuilder goes by Yiyito turbo service google it i think they have a Facebook page also, if is the same guys that rebuilt yours waterloo
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , dhirocz
05-13-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
(05-12-2018 )RTRUCKING48 Wrote:  I think the name of the turbo rebuilder goes by Yiyito turbo service google it i think they have a Facebook page also, if is the same guys that rebuilt yours waterloo

I think you are correct. Shop seems to be located in Griffin, GA and has pictures of an ISX turbo posted on the FB page that look just like Waterloo's.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
05-13-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
(05-12-2018 )RTRUCKING48 Wrote:  
(05-12-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  

I think the name of the turbo rebuilder goes by Yiyito turbo service google it i think they have a Facebook page also, if is the same guys that rebuilt yours waterloo

I would say that is him. The racing affiliation and the Griffin address has to be him. I was going by what Lisa told me, Mr Hagg's wife, this has to be his shop. They met him prior to going all big truck repair when they were doing automotive stuff. A friend of one of the Haggai children had a VW in the shop, the turbo was toast, and this friend could not afford a new turbo... Haggai has been using them ever since for turbo work. I am going to see about paying this turbo shop a visit, I want to see what they have going on. ;-)

Yiyito Turbo Service
296 Wilson Rd
Griffin, Georgia 30223
(787)-675-1768

One thing, the turbo I received back must be one they had previously built, I believe mine simply said Holset on the side, no VGT Turbo stamped on mine, which this one has. Which is fine by me, it is the correct turbo, and explains the fast turnaround. I was looking at it again last night and was just amazed at the quality of the work. We shall know in a few days, weeks and months to come how it all works out. All I can say is the reputation this shop has with Mr Hagg is outstanding, which is good enough for me.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BobsYourUncle , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.