Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
04-06-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
No doubt.

I'm curious what their excuse will be for this, if it's happened to others, and if it's possible that it could have contributed? Doesn't the 600 use a different liner?

I heard somewhere the higher HP ISX uses a 152mm liner, and the others a 150, or something to that effect. If true, I would imagine that would contribute to the failure.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
04-06-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
(04-06-2018 )dhirocz Wrote:  ....
I heard somewhere the higher HP ISX uses a 152mm liner, and the others a 150, or something to that effect. If true, I would imagine that would contribute to the failure.

on the ISX, it is completely random if you get 150 or 152 liners. they are also not compatible at all. One will not fit properly where the other goes.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
04-07-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
-- Waterloo spent half the day wondering if he should actually keep tearing it apart or stop where he is at to see what they might do. I guess he decided to keep tearing it down but he did make them aware of our discovery.

- The oil pan, hood, front structure, engine fan, AC compressor, alternator, and much of the plumbing are off the truck.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
Watch this thread day by day. Try to find the load there.. no luck.. eld slow me down.. hopefully from columbus,oh can get me a load to stop there 1 or 2 days... my hand is itching now rawze.. need to get some tool and grease on my hand..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar , Rawze
I must say, it really sucks being, "That Guy". Well, I am now officially "That Guy".

I discovered this major screw up after visiting Mr Hags shop where we were going to order the needed parts, the head and overhaul/in frame kit. There are two different kits that may go in this motor, so I called the dealer back in Michigan to see which one they eventually used... Well, that is when I got the major kick in the gut, the part number for the in frame kit, it was not the number quick serve said it should have been... Rawze was like, "No f'n way"... Rawze brought up quick serve and away we went down the parts list of the dealer invoice and what SHOULD be in my truck. I'm still sick.

Here is what happened two years ago... When the in frame was finished, by finished, I mean that the motor was just put back together and the accessories were being installed. Well, I went in that morning and saw that the turbo that was on my motor was not the right one, the mechanic said as much too, it was tiny. I should have stopped right there and started looking at what other parts were installed that should not have been in my motor... But, not knowing what I now know, and trusting these guys like so many of us do, the thought never crossed my mind.

The parts man stated that he used the wrong EIN when ordering the turbo, he transposed a number on the EIN. It never dawned on me that this idiot, who was shortly fired or quit, bought every part for the motor using that WRONG number. And it made sense to me at the time, just this one wrong part, as I added the turbo midway through the build, it was an add on.

I asked Rawze about how this would have gotten past the mechanic, aren't these parts different in say size? They are, but you would need a micrometer if just going visually.

Well, here I sit, I can't even say I am mad at this point, my entire history with this truck has been like this. Just another ******* day... And another kick in the gut.

We will keep going with the in frame, it has to be done. I spoke with the manager of the dealership yesterday, he knew I was coming down here to GA to have this work done and that I would keep him in the loop as to what we find.

Like I stated, I called the dealer yesterday after our discovery... Here is how it went.

I told him about the #5 cylinder, anti-freeze in the liner, and then I asked him if he remembered that parts guy who ordered the wrong turbo...

He remembered him, as he was glad to be rid of him, and kind of remembered the turbo issue and the EIN mix up, and asked what was I getting at... In a calm and respectful voice I said, "Well, the parts manager ordered all of the wrong internal parts for my motor and the mechanic installed them, wrong injectors, cams, liners, pistons, etc... And I have the original invoice sitting right here that your service manager just emailed me. The parts listed that were installed are for an obscure EIN meant for a 450hp foreign ISX, a CM-871e."

Rawze then chimed in, as I was on speaker. Rawze stated that we still do not know what caused the failure. Rawze also stated with the wrong parts and conflicting programing, 600hp vs 450hp motor of very different CPL's, that the programming may have had the motor running to rich or to lean, causing other issues, mainly due to the wrong sized injectors, cams and turbo conflict which may have caused the failure due to heat and or pressures. Everything is fighting against each other internally and we still do not know what actually went wrong. Rawze nailed it in my mind, very professional in his response, no accusations or anything inflammatory, just the facts of the matter.

The manager was silent for a minute, and said email him everything we have and he will put his new parts manager on this, and if true will make it right. I said thank you and yes make it right, and left it at that. No yelling or screaming, no threats of attorneys or anything like that.

I know the manager, have for more than a few years, along with the new parts manager. I just hope my judgement of his character is correct along with my years of being a customer, that he will do the right thing. Or, at the very least pick up the tab for the cams and injectors, which was Rawze's suggestion. I would take that at this point, I buy the head and in frame kit, as I was prepared to do that on my own anyways. That is my lone bargaining chip at this point short of an attorney, which I do not want to go down that road. If I go that route, I leave here with a 450hp motor, which I do not want.

That is pretty much it at this point. It is raining outside right now, Rawze better finish his taxes, as he keeps putting them off for me which I don't like.

We have most everything off as of now, getting close to removing the head. Rawze, his wife and family are incredibly gracious hosts. Snailexpress was here when I arrived and helped too, very cool man. Others have dropped by too, everyone has pitched in. Food is fantastic, beer is cold, company is great. I just wish I was in a better mood.

This really hurt, and I mean hurt, just totally knocked the wind out of my sails. I have enough money to leave here with a 450hp motor, which I do not want to do. Injectors and two cams are not in the cards right now financially on my end. Rawze said he can make these parts work together with some programming tweaks, which if it comes to that, that is what we will do. I hope to hear from the dealer today... Will keep you all updated.

And Howard, thanks for the call.

Also, a shout out to Mr Hag, just a fantastic man, runs a tight shop with a very respectful and professional staff. He had the trucks waiting in line and stacked up, very busy shop. I would not hesitate taking my truck to him.

Wish me luck guys and thanks for the support.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM , Rawze , dhirocz , rrod , Pd6cas2 , DLC , stevesparts , snailexpress , Magard , Chamberpains , Hammerhead , Wiseman , Rounded_nut , Mrkentee , hhow55 , kalsandhu , Old Driver , serv , Roysbigtoys , Brock , iHaul , bossboy2 , PuroCumminsPower , Mr Hagg , gatow900 , Pro Star Cummins , overshot , JMBT , zero4 , LargeCar , SuperTrucker , Toolguy , B O Double V
I'll be Praying for you guys, Rawze is a great Individual, take time and knowledge to help a friend!!
Waterloo, i'd be in tears also in your shoes.
Ps...
We want pictures..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , bossboy2 , Pro Star Cummins
Hey Waterloo.

I've been reading your posts for a couple of years now and am familiar with the setbacks you've had as you've done the right things and made the repairs necessary. You've definitely had a rough time. Just know that your story will help a lot of people if they're willing to read and learn. Keep on pushing forward. You'll have a good motor after this.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Damn.... Waterloo i feel your pain,Hope the dealer steps up for you..
Wish i was there to help. but your in Great hands down there..and you've probably got alot of hands in the way by now i bet :)

User's Signature: hard to go 60 mph when the winds blowing 65+ in WY
replyreply
Thank you Waterloo, Rawze and everyone who share their stories with us. We definitely learn a lot from you guys and wish you the best.
Even in difficult situations, you inspire and give us hope, that maybe we can do this, if we listen to the right people.

User's Signature: I Need to start asking my stupid questions
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.