Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
05-13-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
One thing, give me some time with this thing before you guys go sending your turbos in. Like Rawze just told me, it looks pretty, but he wants to be sure they are not full of Chineesiem parts and pieces.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2 , Rockhwy , t700
05-14-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
(05-13-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  One thing, give me some time with this thing before you guys go sending your turbos in. Like Rawze just told me, it looks pretty, but he wants to be sure they are not full of Chineesiem parts and pieces.

I was thinking the same thing. I mean supposedly he has a great reputation, but I'd still prefer someone on here to put some miles on one.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
We are assuming when Holset sends them to Mexico to be remanufactured they aren't using chinesium parts. Lol
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Waterloo , BobsYourUncle , Signature620
(05-14-2018 )Billdozer2 Wrote:  
(05-13-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  One thing, give me some time with this thing before you guys go sending your turbos in. Like Rawze just told me, it looks pretty, but he wants to be sure they are not full of Chineesiem parts and pieces.

I was thinking the same thing. I mean supposedly he has a great reputation, but I'd still prefer someone on here to put some miles on one.

Call me naive but if Mr. Hag says there good that works for me.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard , a113n , Waterloo , BobsYourUncle , Pd6cas2 , bubbanbrenda , scottydogtruck
Is that thing ready to be fired up yet?
replyreply
Intake side is finished, top side is finished, installing the exhaust side tomorrow. Still screwing with the oil pan, need a special bit, a long drill bit, to get to the hole around the front structure to Helicoil. Get that done hopefully tomorrow, but need to head up to Mr Hagg’s for a couple of bolts. Little problems are big problems when working under the shade tree. Nothing is easy, no bolt bins or parts room here in the driveway.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , dhirocz , Hammerhead
05-15-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
You're a patient man Waterloo.
Quality is rarely achieved quickly.
Take pride in the fact that you didn't cut corners and you know it was done correctly.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , rrod , Brock
(05-14-2018 )74bassman Wrote:  Is that thing ready to be fired up yet?
I'll come for general inspection and approval to fire up this Saturday.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , Mrkentee
(05-15-2018 )Hammerhead Wrote:  You're a patient man Waterloo.
Quality is rarely achieved quickly.
Take pride in the fact that you didn't cut corners and you know it was done correctly.

This is turning into a restoration project, not an in frame. But, it is the right thing to do as long as Rawze puts up with me. I have to get back to work, but I cannot just throw this thing together, especially with some questionable parts. This is a journey to say the least. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.