Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
05-15-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
If your in this business for the long haul then I'd say your going about it the right way. Ya, your taking far longer than I ever would've. But if your learning, laughing and enjoying your time than isn't that living life and the whole reason we go in to business for ourselves? To do things our way and enjoying it? I can never knock a guy for that and I'm still a bit jealous.
I think you're doing this right and your also teaching us and exposing us to a different way of doing things and how they ACTUALLY unfold. I know I've learned some great things and am taking a slower more precise approach to things because of your story and this site.
I thank you for that.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(05-15-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  If your in this business for the long haul then I'd say your going about it the right way. Ya, your taking far longer than I ever would've. But if your learning, laughing and enjoying your time than isn't that living life and the whole reason we go in to business for ourselves? To do things our way and enjoying it? I can never knock a guy for that and I'm still a bit jealous.
I think you're doing this right and your also teaching us and exposing us to a different way of doing things and how they ACTUALLY unfold. I know I've learned some great things and am taking a slower more precise approach to things because of your story and this site.
I thank you for that.

In all reality, he could have knocked that re-build out in a couple weeks and have been running again minus the week or parts delays by the guys who did not want to replace what they screwed up. He mostly just enjoys taking his time like I do with things. He seems to go out of his way to enjoy life as much as anything else. - Good food, good company, the occasional beer, and lots of learning too. I think he has helped us out with projects around our house here like replacing an aging kitchen sink, etc. as much as he has worked on his truck lol.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , snailexpress , Waterloo , Brock , BobsYourUncle , Hammerhead , Signature620 , Mrkentee , DDlighttruck , scottydogtruck , JMBT , SuperTrucker
Well, raining today, waiting on parts, again, they will be in tomorrow... I get the parts I can continue... Rain or no rain. ;-)
replyreply
05-16-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
Did a bit more work in between the rain, worked on the truck for a bit. I am in the process of replacing the oil drain tube from the turbo to the oil pan, one of those EASY jobs, right?

There is a grommet located in the block where the tube enters. I could not find any mention of it on Quickserve, and stupid me did not look real hard and close at the new grommet, I thought it was a RUBBER grommet, not a wrapped in steel rubber grommet. The packaging was near solid with printing and you really had to look to see that metal ring.

I spent an hour removing the rubber grommet from the bushing and thought I was finished, open the new part and said WTF. I could have kicked myself. Glad I am in the process of removing the oil pan, it is ready to come off, waiting for the drill bit so I can Helicoil that bad bolt hole. It looks like the bushing can be knocked out from inside the block with a punch. I have the punches, so hopefully all goes well tomorrow.

See, this is the stupid stuff that just holds me up. Screw something up and it takes a day or even more to get back on track, and then something else pops up. If I had done this before, half of this stuff would never be an issue, because I would know.

Anyhow, Rawze came home with a new toy, so we went out back and putzed with that for a bit. We did some cleaning in his soon to be shop, years of stuff out there... I think we all have a spot like that, I do. Had some dinner and watched a movie, fun night. Off to bed!
replyreply
05-16-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
I ran into that grommet when I did the turbo on my 870 a few months back. I didn't really pay much attention to it until I had the oil pan back on, and looking at it just gave me that feeling that it wouldn't seal again if I messed with it. I decided to leave the old one in the block and if it leaked I would drop the pan and change it.So far no leak.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
05-18-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
How it's going? Is she ready for champagne bottle smashing?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
05-18-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
(05-18-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  How it's going? Is she ready for champagne bottle smashing?

LOL! Getting some more parts tomorrow. Don't go messing around with anything related to the oil pan with the pan on. Need a new oil pan gasket, the permatex gray I applied is good stuff, it eats right into the gasket material. Spent the day helping Rawze on his shed... Just need to install the turbo, oil pan and front structure, should be able to fire her up shortly. See you tomorrow. ;-)
replyreply
05-21-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
Well we are waiting
replyreply
05-21-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
For what? LOL!

We are getting close to firing her up, most everything is on, going to put the laptop to her tomorrow. Still need to install the radiator structure, pre oil her too. Been helping Rawze with a few things around the house, finally finished with all of the rust abatement and painting. Last of the parts came in on Saturday. Almost there.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.