Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
05-24-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
Well, radiator is on, just about all of the plumbing to. I need Rawze to set up the turbo actuator so I can finish with those lines. My Insite is down... And I need a 10mm bolt to install the power steering coolant line. Other than that, pre lube her, fill with coolant and hopefully start! I can’t see why we can’t do exactly that tomorrow.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , BobsYourUncle , Hammerhead , Kid Rock
05-24-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
I'm so close in Peachtree City and don't have time to attend grand event. I'll try anyway.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Hammerhead
05-25-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
(05-24-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  ...Other than that, pre lube her, fill with coolant and hopefully start! I can’t see why we can’t do exactly that tomorrow.

Any chance of you taking a video for those of us out in Notthereville/Lurkerborough?
replyreply
05-25-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
(05-25-2018 )BobsYourUncle Wrote:  
(05-24-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  ...Other than that, pre lube her, fill with coolant and hopefully start! I can’t see why we can’t do exactly that tomorrow.

Any chance of you taking a video for those of us out in Notthereville/Lurkerborough?

Yes, we will make a video and post it to the site. Hopefully all goes well.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , t700 , Hammerhead , BobsYourUncle , Chamberpains , DosGatos , hhow55 , scottydogtruck , JMBT
05-26-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
If you're still there Monday I'd love to meet you. I have an extra day on my list and will be coming through the area.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
05-26-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
(05-26-2018 )Nilao Wrote:  If you're still there Monday I'd love to meet you. I have an extra day on my list and will be coming through the area.

I will be here, rained all day today, had a few hours to do a few things and that was about it. Planned on starting her today. Rained out.
replyreply
05-30-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
Tuesday, the truck started, I have video and will post. 0300 right now, been in a bit of a celebratory mood... Right now, she started without issue. We pre lubed the oil system with a small 12 volt pump we borrowed from Mr Hagg. Took around three minutes and she fired right up. She did not struggle, sounded like when I start her on a cold morning after she sat for a weekend...

When Rawze gave me the thumbs up, my blood pressure dropped, I almost fainted. I had the vapors, you old guys will know what I am speaking of. I nearly puked I was so happy. This was a very serious endeavor for myself, I have never rebuilt a motor, any motor, none, period.

She sounds good, a little rattle in the valve train as she warmed up, no smoke, none. Ran smooth, will take her off the blocks tomorrow and install the hood. Then we test drive, a couple hundred miles and take her in for an oil change to get the crap out. And then we do another overhead and injector adjustment.

This did take quite awhile, many delays, and again, I am analy slow. As of now, my painfully slow workmanship is paying off. This truck sounds better now than when I brought her in.

And Nilao stopped by yesterday, a shout out to him. He was gracious enough to set up my laptop with Insite and Cal... Long story, but he is one hell of a stand up guy. A BIG THANK YOU TO HIM!

All right, it is bed time, beer is kicking in, and Rawze made Curry Chicken tonight, breaking wind right now and need to get some sleep. LOL!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BobsYourUncle , Chamberpains , Signature620 , Nilao , snailexpress , DosGatos , Brock , pearce trucking , Hammerhead , Kid Rock , Mrkentee , Volvo8873 , imalumberjack , kalsandhu , stevesparts , Matt , scottydogtruck , JMBT , Toolguy
Glad to hear you finally got her started...dont forget to secure that copper air line that's loose at the back brother.
replyreply
Ahem...
Now i can feel to see ur smilling face rolling on the highway back home..
Remember i said i want to see ur smilling face on the road when it is being done.. man.. i am happy for u too.. dont smoke too much when u r happy
By the way.. u met nilao.. u talk to him.. u heard him laugh.. u know what i am saying about nilao.. his laugh and how i saw him and his daughter did the head torque.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.