Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
06-01-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
(05-31-2018 )Mrkentee Wrote:  They usually do that to the coach. That’s all I meant.

Hahaha, could you imagine the team running down the coach in his own home? I would think that could get a guy shot right there. Waterloo goes thru all that just to get shot in the leg at the very end. Thats a funny thought right there.... kinda sad... But still funny

That would've REALLY spiced up that video.... So I guess uneventful is good for Mr. Loo
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Mrkentee , Signature620 , snailexpress
Truck is together, purring... SnailExpress is here... Come to find out we worked at the same company a few years ago... Snail was here the day I arrived, and now on my departure... Drinking shots, listening to Rush... Iron Maiden.... Nazareth... Pink Floyd... what a hoot! Reasons why things took a bit here... Work and good times! I will never forget this time. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Wiseman , Hammerhead , JMBT
Where else could you go to rebuild your engine better than factory, drink lots of beer and whiskey, have a good time, eat good food, and enjoy life above it all?. - That is what trucking is all about. - Sometimes a person needs to take a break and enjoy life,... get away from it all and forget about all the hardships for a bit. - I figured Waterloo needed just that. Hopefully it will end his long tale of troubles, but even if it does not,... at least he has taken a break from it all.

The quervo 1800 is flowing tonight I think./ lol.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , snailexpress , Wiseman , Signature620 , Chamberpains , simon999 , Hammerhead , victory26 , Pd6cas2 , Kid Rock , scottydogtruck , JMBT
Wish u all the best. Waterloo
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(06-01-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  Where else could you go to rebuild your engine better than factory, drink lots of beer and whiskey, have a good time, eat good food, and enjoy life above it all?. - That is what trucking is all about. - Sometimes a person needs to take a break and enjoy life,... get away from it all and forget about all the hardships for a bit. - I figured Waterloo needed just that. Hopefully it will end his long tale of troubles, but even if it does not,... at least he has taken a break from it all.

The quervo 1800 is flowing tonight I think./ lol.

Treated like family. This was that GOOD! We all got along incredibly well. Honestly going to be hard to leave. Seriously. But, we must get back to work! Still, this was a great experience and the learning adventure. If any of you get such an invite, bring tools, a can do attitude and enjoy. I am eternally grateful to all here. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , snailexpress , Hammerhead , rrod , JMBT
Well, she is running, hood is on, bumper, etc... We took yesterday off to rebuild a shower in Rawze's bathroom... More stuff going on around here than you can imagine, I feel like a hired hand, LOL! And I don't mind one bit. ;-)

I'm still in Rawze's front yard, the new Tri-Pac is working, air is on, freshly showered and slightly buzzed and heading to bed. What a fantastic day! I was so filthy and sweaty, 10,000% humidity and ice cold beer. I think I'm in Heaven. LOL!

Rawze cooked up a seafood extravaganza tonight! Salmon and shrimp, all on the barbie! He can cook like some of the best chefs on the planet, I have never ate this good. And the beer... Stella, Heineken, Modelo Negra, 1800 Tequila... I'm in HEAVEN! Oh man... And the FOOD! Did I mention the food?

Funny thing, SnailExpress arrived today, he was here the day I arrived, and he will be here when I depart. We were talking and he mentioned he hauled butane in Utah... Turns out we worked for the same outfit! He was out of the Utah office and I was out of the one in Montana. Like Snail said, small world. What a cool guy, and he likes his tequila. ;-)

Anyhow, the truck is so smooth, the motor is just humming like a fine Swiss watch or a finely tuned Singer sewing machine. All I did was to follow the book, with Rawze's guidance of course... "Watch my F'n videos!" LOL! Trust me, Rawze is a busy guy, he was not babysitting me...

Rawze has a complete in frame series on rebuilding the Cummins CM-871, same motor I have. Just to let you know if you did not know, go to the video section above.

Between his videos and Cummins QuickServe, it was not that hard of a job, as long as you had the correct tools. Tools like the unit to machine the block. Rawze has that.

But anyways, Rawze will program my new ECM tomorrow and I'll run the truck around, try to put a hundred miles on her, then to Speedco for an oil change and back to the house here for another overhead. Then headed back to Michigan on Sunday...

Been an adventure to say the least. A very GOOD adventure. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(06-01-2018 )wildpib Wrote:  Wish u all the best. Waterloo

I'll be seeing you one day friend, and the sticks are still where you left them on the sleeper. I will let God take care of those. Thank you Bao, it was a real pleasure meeting you. ;-)
replyreply
(05-31-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(05-31-2018 )Mrkentee Wrote:  
(05-31-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  Going to try to post the video I shot of the truck starting. There are two short clips. The very first attempt, and then we let the starter cool, and the 2nd successful attempt. I stopped filming during starter rest period, which was around maybe four minutes. here goes, let's see if I can get this to work.

Here they are...

https://youtu.be/PpsfujvFKcM

https://youtu.be/1hdRaSD9mqk

That was rather uneventful. Good, though. I expected cheers, and maybe somebody dumping the gatorade jug over Rawze’s head in celebration. :)

And that was the plan, uneventful. Rawze cut the block and helped with head and liner install, everything else was 100% me. I even brought the bulk of the tools used in the in frame. I did not come here for Rawze to rebuild my motor.
It looks really nice. Good paint, new hoses, clamps, etc. Well done. Definitely want updates on how it's running on the road.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
06-03-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
We drove this beast today, and all I can say is... I cannot say it, as Rawze will ban me for life. Words cannot describe what I felt in the seat of my pants. I'm talking a Penske or Roush motor here, this thing is freaking nuts. 2000 rpm, she is wanting more. Prior, 1600 rpm and you swore a rod was going to blow through the side of the block.

But, I missed a fitting on the turbo... Long story short, we caught it on the way to Speedco after heading into Atlanta... Ten miles from Speedco, a brake chamber cut lose, Locked up the rear axles, yet to see what damage was done, spent a good hour on the side of I-75 trying to cage the damn bolt in the can. Got her fixed

Here is the kicker, if not for that brake chamber cutting lose, we would have more than likely lost the motor. That little oil leak turned into a flood. If not for that brake chamber blowing up, this would be an entirely different post.

Yes Virginia, there is a God.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , marek4792 , BobsYourUncle , Mrkentee , JMBT , kalsandhu

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.