Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
06-03-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
(06-03-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  We drove this beast today, and all I can say is... I cannot say it, as Rawze will ban me for life. Words cannot describe what I felt in the seat of my pants. I'm talking a Penske or Roush motor here, this thing is freaking nuts. 2000 rpm, she is wanting more. Prior, 1600 rpm and you swore a rod was going to blow through the side of the block.

But, I missed a fitting on the turbo... Long story short, we caught it on the way to Speedco after heading into Atlanta... Ten miles from Speedco, a brake chamber cut lose, Locked up the rear axles, yet to see what damage was done, spent a good hour on the side of I-75 trying to cage the damn bolt in the can. Got her fixed

Here is the kicker, if not for that brake chamber cutting lose, we would have more than likely lost the motor. That little oil leak turned into a flood. If not for that brake chamber blowing up, this would be an entirely different post.

Yes Virginia, there is a God.

UGH! I know this feeling, and it’s only something you have to experience to understand, glad it worked out better for you than it did for me...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
Was it the return, supply, or oring on the speed sensor?
replyreply
(06-03-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  ...
if not for that brake chamber cutting lose, we would have more than likely lost the motor.

Baah, it wasn't that bad, just a fitting that did not get tightened all the way on the supply hose at the top of the oil filter housing starting to seep pretty good.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: pearce trucking , Mrkentee
Well at least there's oil pressure anyway!! Hehe
replyreply
Need to replace two tires now along with cans and lines... The Waterloo saga continues.
replyreply
Could've ran over a bumper like I did getting onto 285 west around Atlanta! Lol always something is out to get you!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
06-04-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
(06-03-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  Need to replace two tires now along with cans and lines... The Waterloo saga continues.
Yeah, I did them on my 386. Steers last month, and drives last year. All long stroke chambers. Definitely like them better. Just have to make sure they are matched on both sides of the axle.
I like the hose end kits you assemble yourself. Cost effective and you get to build them so you know they're right. JMO
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze
(05-04-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  Boy, I'm up early today... Getting warmer out, not used to the heat, and no rain in the forecast. We will tighten down the head bolts for the final time today. The setting of the head went well, and boy is that a thick gasket.

Off the subject, one thing we did notice, Mr Hagg was over at the house, was the difference in the new pistons Cummins is supplying. They have changed the bowls in the tops of the pistons, which is changing compression ratios. Bowls are shallower, and piston ring placement has been lowered. If I remember the conversation correctly, the compression is going up on the lower HP motors, shallower bowls, and down on the high HP motors, deeper cut bowls. But, we then have these anti-carbon rings, which throws another variable into the equation, as those sit taller than the liners. Rawze was talking with Mr Hagg about this, and that they will have to start compensating for this on the programming. And I would assume this would be done at the time of an in frame, as there are no notices as of yet from Cummins on these significant changes.

Another off topic thing I saw, or should I say an owner that I met up at Mr Hagg's shop, had an oil pressure issue. CM-871 motor I believe, still had the mandate. He was back to Mr Haggs for the second time with the same issue, a sudden drop in oil pressure in his low mileage Freightliner. Turns out the mandate was the issue, so much carbon had built up internally, that it was busting lose and clogging his oil filter. I guess he did not want to hear that on his first visit and refused the fix. The second time was the charm. You can lead a horse to water...

The oil filter that was removed off of this man's truck had collapsed from the build up of the carbon and soot. He had just had the oil changed... They fixed the mandate issue, changed his oil and filter, and hopefully this owner will take the time and spend the money to change a few filters and his oil in the next few thousand miles to flush his system of the soot and carbon. It was really bad, I am surprised he did not blow the motor after speaking with him.

If you still have the mandate, after what I have seen down here in GA, is that you should not even think twice about removing it from your motor. The carnage I have seen in Mr Hagg's shop is quite surreal. Just saying.

Waterloo, can he deman a DD13 Detroit? Gotta get something done soon. I'm over 75% on the filters now?

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply
(05-31-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  Going to try to post the video I shot of the truck starting. There are two short clips. The very first attempt, and then we let the starter cool, and the 2nd successful attempt. I stopped filming during starter rest period, which was around maybe four minutes. here goes, let's see if I can get this to work.

Here they are...

https://youtu.be/PpsfujvFKcM

https://youtu.be/1hdRaSD9mqk

Outf@#kinstanding! Great job, Waterloo!!

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.