Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
06-04-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
(06-04-2018 )bossboy2 Wrote:  Waterloo, can he deman a DD13 Detroit? Gotta get something done soon. I'm over 75% on the filters now?

I have seen the Detroit motors in the shop, I would call him.
replyreply
06-04-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
Waterloo, I have been following your adventure with each post. It really sounds like you did an awesome job!! Wow! I am envious! I hope to do my CM2250 when she needs it. I wanted to swing by Rawze’s and see you guys during the process, but unfortunately it wasn’t in the cards for me. Sorry to hear about the brake can, but like everyone has said better a couple cans and tires then the engine from lack of oil. Please keep us posted as you break her in. Fuel mileage, power, ...etc. thanks.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
06-05-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
(06-04-2018 )JMBT Wrote:  Waterloo, I have been following your adventure with each post. It really sounds like you did an awesome job!! Wow! I am envious! I hope to do my CM2250 when she needs it. I wanted to swing by Rawze’s and see you guys during the process, but unfortunately it wasn’t in the cards for me. Sorry to hear about the brake can, but like everyone has said better a couple cans and tires then the engine from lack of oil. Please keep us posted as you break her in. Fuel mileage, power, ...etc. thanks.

Oh I will keep all of you informed. Just got up, 0500 here... Going to grab some coffee, throw the new brake parts in the cab and head over to Southern Tire for some tires and brake work. I’m pooped. But I’ll be leaving with a new truck.
replyreply
06-08-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
Glad to hear the truck is running good for you.
replyreply
All done. Had to visit Mr Hagg to fix the work the tire and brake shop did... Blew out my knee when we had that incident on I-75, still the size of a softball and painful. Completed final overhead this morning. Tightened things up under the hood, etc. Just showered, laundry is in and guess what I’m doing? Yes, it is beer thirty. ;-)

I’ll be leaving out around 0400 or there about. Thanks for all of the good thoughts and encouragement!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873
GREAT!!!!!:) your finally got her done....and damn!!! you get it done and blow out your knee.. your good luck again... and all i had to do was change the CAC on mine :)
hope your up and running soon and making back some $$$

User's Signature: hard to go 60 mph when the winds blowing 65+ in WY
replyreply
Video? Looking forward to hearing and seeing that thing run!
replyreply
06-10-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
(06-08-2018 )Otterinthewater Wrote:  Video? Looking forward to hearing and seeing that thing run!

Posted videos a few posts back... Runs like a RAPED APE! Just got home, playing some Blues Travelers on the stereo sipping on guess what? A Heineken, LOL!

I left Rawze's at 0430, got up here to the house in Plymouth MI around 1900, after stopping at the beer store. Imagine that? :-)

When I drove down to Rawze's, the truck drank nearly a half of my fuel, the way back, right at a quarter of a tank. Computer was showing 7.4, then 7.2 heading down to Rawze's... Coming back to the house, pretty solid 11.4 mpg. I believe we have a winner here.

I was able to drive the truck using the lessons that Rawze taught me. No cruise, and 1650 RPMs. Something I could not, nor did not want to do with the old motor. Get over 1500 RPM and it sounded like a rod was going to blow through the side of the block. I wonder why?

This thing is tight, cruising at 65, with my 3:42 gears was a dream. And off the line, this motor just GOES! I was cruising near the house, M-14 and Gotfredson Rd out by Ann Arbor... I was in low 9, or 17th gear... Had a bit of a log jam in front of me... So, I goosed her, and threw her into high 9, or 18th... Bwah Haaaa Haaa! The Mercedes is still wondering what passed him, and so is Blue Water Trucking.... She took off like a rocket! I can only imagine if the truck had the factory 600hp setting, or Rawze's 650 tune which was a literal tire smoker. And yes it does smoke tires, and I quickly got rid of that tune... This motor, I would have twisted off a drive shaft and ruined four more tires.

Seriously, this motor is tight, and will be a money maker, no doubt in my mind and no issues coming home. I am literally having to relearn driving this truck, it is a 180 from what I drove to Rawze's house.

The fuel economy alone on the computer is convincing enough for me. I cannot wait to put a pen and paper to the fuel numbers to see what they really are. But for now, I believe I will halve my weekly fuel bill. Then throw in the rate increases, and we are talking real money.

Thank's to Rawze! Just spending the day in my own truck watching him take her through the paces was money in the bank. When I bought the truck, no one told me, or showed me anything about this motor. Rawze gave me an education.

Once you get through Rawze's HOT SAUCE, and put your know it all attitude to the back bench and listen, he has one hell of an interesting story to tell... The story on how you can make money driving the equipment as it was intended to be driven. This was an education that I would have not gotten anywhere else but at the HOT SAUCE RANCH. ;-)

And it was, Rawze is not a man to be messed with, he knows his stuff and had me swimming and struggling for air. I thought I knew a bit, but Rawze sure straightened me out, had me peeing my pants a few times. LOL! Seriously, he knows what he is talking about, don't second guess him. He is a one man tornado.

If you ever have the pleasure of getting invited over, do so, but check your attitude at the door. Rawze does not suffer fools. Just my .02, and glad to have gotten the invite, he saved my bacon again. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Billdozer2 , dhirocz , kryten , pearce trucking , Rawze , johnnydngrs , Signature620 , schISM , stevesparts , kalsandhu , Brock , Volvo8873 , barf , BobsYourUncle , DDlighttruck , Hammerhead , Toolguy
06-10-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
Very nice!

Give a man a truck and he’ll earn till it breaks. Teach a man to fix his truck and he’ll earn for a lifetime.

I keep getting confused. I remember the movie Tommy Boy. He said something like “if you want me to take a dump in and box and mark it warrantied I can do that. All your getting is a guarantee piece of crap”.
I get a lot of good ideas from the other site I visit. Do I buy a truck that still has a factory warranty, or do I build a truck? The consensus there is go for the warranty. Building the motor et.al means I know exactly what shape it’s in, and when and what to do to it to keep it in top shape.

You’ve taken the right route. Congrats man. I like to stay out west...if I make back that way I’ll stop in to Mr. Hagg place for sure. Enjoy that beer. You’ve earned it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.