Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
04-07-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
(04-06-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  ... it gets better ...

Ok, so we finally got the full build sheet for the overhaul he got at the stealershit 2 years ago. It is worse than that ...

ALL THE CRITICAL PARTS!!! --~ALL OF THEM! ~--- Were replaced with parts for an ISX 450 engine. It is no longer build as a 600 engine any more. The overhaul kit is wrong, the pistons are wrong, the valve cam is wrong, the injectors are wrong, the injector cam is wrong, and the programming does not match the build.

Someone typo'd the ESN when looking up the parts? -- Now, everything is for a smaller engine with an odd obscure 871E model CPL now that was not even build for the states. I will have to re-program the engine for a totally different build if he decides to keep it this way. Otherwise, the pistons, valve and injector cams, and injectors will all have to be changed back like they are supposed to be. What a royal mess!.

-- Starting to wonder what we will find inside now and how the mis-matched programming effected the engine internally. I guess we will discover this as we get it apart.

Rawze, we need a Hate button for stories like this...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , gatow900 , LargeCar
A story like this makes me sick, literally. How many times have screw ups like this gone un-noticed and put guys out of business? I'm sitting here setting up my Inline 6 that just arrived in the mail and it just makes me thankful I found this forum full of people with absolutely nothing in it for them but to help out other folks with good, sensible knowledge and common sense. It's awful what you're dealing with Waterloo but there's a little hint of jealousy because THE Rawze is personally helping you sort your engine out. That's like getting a guitar lesson from Eddie Van Halen!

Chin up boss, this too shall pass.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Kid Rock , gatow900 , LargeCar , Rawze
I don't see why they shouldn't replace every wrong part with the correct one. That's what you paid for. And if that can be shown to have caused the failure, the labor also.
And down time, for that matter.
I remember you saying they knew it was "customized". I hope they don't try to use that against you.
At least you're stable enough to see your way through it, either way. And there's no better place to be than where you are to get to the bottom of it, and get it right. Dang!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , LargeCar
04-08-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
Perhaps you could come to an agreement that they supply the overhaul kit, injectors and cams while you can sort the labour out. Then give them the parts they wrongly supplied if they want them.

I remember you posting about that incorrect turbo. I suppose it was a warning sign, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Thanks for sharing. One thing I have learned is that when things go sideways or south for that matter it is an excellent opportunity to learn. I used to get mad. Now I just smile and tell myself I'm going to learn a lot now. BTW I should be a rocket surgeon by now.... LOL < my attempt at bad humour.

User's Signature: The fastest way to learn is to make a mistake. If it costs me $ I learn pretty quickly. It's cheaper to learn from someone else's mistakes.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2 , Chamberpains , fargonaz , Waterloo , LargeCar
"BTW I should be a rocket surgeon by now...."
ME too but i think it say's ACME on the side of it ...Sometimes... but i'm learning

User's Signature: hard to go 60 mph when the winds blowing 65+ in WY
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , DLC , Waterloo , LargeCar
WATERLOO, first off - man o man ... I got to this thread a bit late.

I have a cm871 that was rebuilt at mr Hags, new head, new injectors, new fueling actuators, fuel pump, oil pump, counterbores cut a .14, new liners and pistons, new bearings... this motor is in a 09’ Pete 387... it’s got a an electrical issue, either an ECM or wiring on the truck side... the motor only had about 35k mi on the rebuild ... I will sell this whole truck for 21k ...

If I’m able to fix the issue then the price will go up for sure. Because I put more time and money into just the rebuild than that... good luck
replyreply
Well then, down the rabbit hole you go....
replyreply
Hunting that wascally wabbit isn't much fun when you end up down his hole...

User's Signature: The fastest way to learn is to make a mistake. If it costs me $ I learn pretty quickly. It's cheaper to learn from someone else's mistakes.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.