Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
04-09-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
(04-09-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  Talked to the dealer this morning... Got the manager on the phone, and first thing out of his mouth is what parts do you need and where do I send them! So, two new cams, overhaul kit and six new injectors headed to GA! I agreed to buy the head, which at this point, I do not care. Everything should be here shortly. Finally some good news!
Good to hear that at least they're stepping up to the plate with the parts you need to get you rolling
replyreply
I gotta admit, I'm surprised they didn't do the corporate dodge and point that I expected from Cummins or paccar. Good to hear!

It's the least they can do. It's still costing you due to downtime.

Let us know what they say about the counterbore. At least this won't hurt nearly as much as originally thought...maybe they figured this had lawsuit written all over it (and their solution would be a reman longblock, also with jacked up liners). This is probably the best possible outcome...you start fresh again with OEM parts, built under rawze's hand.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , DSTdriver
(04-09-2018 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(04-09-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  Talked to the dealer this morning... Got the manager on the phone, and first thing out of his mouth is what parts do you need and where do I send them! So, two new cams, overhaul kit and six new injectors headed to GA! I agreed to buy the head, which at this point, I do not care. Everything should be here shortly. Finally some good news!

That is great to hear.
What sort of comments/reply did they make when they were informed that the counterbores were never cut, and the liner hadn't been shimmed?

Honestly, after what he saw with the parts, I do not believe that was on his radar. He told me last week, prior to knowing about the poor quality workmanship of the in frame, that he would make this right, and he did. I am sure there will be some procedural changes in the shop, at least I hope there are. I’m very relieved, they have done the right thing, I get my motor back, save easily $17,000 in parts and am going to hopefully be operating Rawze’s counterbore tool here shortly! Learning quite a bit here, and now with my mind at ease, I can start absorbing this information as Rawze is a fountain of just that.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2 , dhirocz , hhow55 , kalsandhu , BobsYourUncle , redbeard , Chamberpains , Signature620 , Brock , fargonaz , Hammerhead , scottydogtruck , Kid Rock , PuroCumminsPower , gatow900 , barf , overshot , RojoPete , zero4 , LargeCar , Toolguy
(04-09-2018 )dhirocz Wrote:  I gotta admit, I'm surprised they didn't do the corporate dodge and point that I expected from Cummins or paccar. Good to hear!

It's the least they can do. It's still costing you due to downtime.

Let us know what they say about the counterbore. At least this won't hurt nearly as much as originally thought...maybe they figured this had lawsuit written all over it (and their solution would be a reman longblock, also with jacked up liners). This is probably the best possible outcome...you start fresh again with OEM parts, built under rawze's hand.

The workmanship never came up, as that was not discovered until yesterday. And yes, lawsuit. I made no threats, both Rawze and I were cool as cucumbers when talking with the dealership. He knew we knew, as I was still within that partial warranty for another three weeks. And quite honestly, I have known these guys for years, never expected this, but we have a good relationship, and I would like to keep it that way, as they are the only game in town. I’m not happy, but I am, now let’s make some lemonade out of these lemons!

Bottom line, I do not believe any of this was intentional. I am just happy that they did the right thing, and hope to find out they are fixing these in frame issues in regards to discovery and machining of the block.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2 , dhirocz , hhow55 , BobsYourUncle , Brock , fargonaz , Midland , barf , overshot , LargeCar
Great news man. you going to take them the old cams and injectors?
replyreply
Waterloo, when you get back to Michigan you buy those guys pizza cause they are doing something that they absolutely dont have to do without a court order. They messed up but you make a point of showing them that what they did to make things right is appreciated.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , barf , Rawze , Waterloo , Hammerhead , Old Driver , gatow900 , overshot , zero4 , LargeCar
I agree with starlight. I always tell shops I deal with, messups happen..... Even big ones but it's how you fix them that will keep or lose a customer.

I still deal with shops that made catastrophic mistakes because they went above and beyond to make it right. I also do not deal with certain shops who made very minor mistakes but could care less to fix them.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Hammerhead , Starlight , LargeCar
04-10-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
I’m with you guys, no hard feelings towards these guys. They stood tall and did the right thing. Hell, I’ve been a regular customer for years, and quite honestly I like these guys. Stuff happens, no reason to be a dick.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , barf , overshot , DSTdriver
04-10-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
(04-10-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  I’m with you guys, no hard feelings towards these guys. They stood tall and did the right thing. Hell, I’ve been a regular customer for years, and quite honestly I like these guys. Stuff happens, no reason to be a dick.

Too right, they made a mistake but as a company they stand by their work. Very impressive in today's market.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.