Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
04-10-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
I guess I'm in a question asking mood this morning. But I need to know, how exactly did you guys find out it was the wrong parts and kit installed? What exactly did you look at? What numbers on what parts gave this away?
Also, did you find any problems with the internal components? Being the programming wasn't correct in the ECM to what was in the engine. Did it show any signs of being way out of whack and running bad?
replyreply
The part # on the injector's would reveal an issue

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
(04-10-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I guess I'm in a question asking mood this morning. But I need to know, how exactly did you guys find out it was the wrong parts and kit installed? What exactly did you look at? What numbers on what parts gave this away?
Also, did you find any problems with the internal components? Being the programming wasn't correct in the ECM to what was in the engine. Did it show any signs of being way out of whack and running bad?

The insides of the cylinders, top of the pistons, bottom of the head all looked good. They look like it has not been running too lean, nor too dirty. Spray patterns on pistons are a bit low (programming not matching injectors installed). His fuel mileage was under par and the injector tips were a bit burnt likely due to the programming mis-match but he was also not driving it hard at all. I suppose it could have been worse.

The parts he had in it were mid tier parts ...
Injector cam: 3684306
Valve cam: 4298626
Injector(s): 4954434
Overhaul Kit: 4376175

And it calls for the higher sig-600 tier parts ...
Injector cam: 4101432
Valve cam: 4059331
Injector(s): 4088665
Overhaul Kit: 4376174

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , redbeard , barf , overshot , zero4 , LargeCar
Awesome to hear Waterloo, much Appreciated to Dealership.
4101432 $1681.48----Cam
4059331 $1631.18----Cam
4088665 $6909.36----Injectors
4376174 $4907.61----Overh Kit
$15129.63 Total
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
Uh oh. Thats concerning to me. Not because you guys aren't fixing it, but because I know for a fact my engine uses 4434 injectors and has a 9331 cam installed, and according to this, come from two different builds.

Time for me to get on quickserve!

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: overshot
(04-09-2018 )Nilao Wrote:  Great news man. you going to take them the old cams and injectors?

Yes, that is the plan, return to dealer.
replyreply
(04-10-2018 )dhirocz Wrote:  Uh oh. Thats concerning to me. Not because you guys aren't fixing it, but because I know for a fact my engine uses 4434 injectors and has a 9331 cam installed, and according to this, come from two different builds.

Quickserve is often misleading. There have been a few times the new part numbers didn't change up to anything quickserve said my engine should have. Somehow Rawze always seems to be able to find out though.... wish I knew how.

My updated dpf and ecm file for example, nowhere in quickserve did it say that dog can or av file was right for my engine but when I asked on here, rawze said it was right.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(04-10-2018 )Brock Wrote:  
(04-10-2018 )dhirocz Wrote:  Uh oh. Thats concerning to me. Not because you guys aren't fixing it, but because I know for a fact my engine uses 4434 injectors and has a 9331 cam installed, and according to this, come from two different builds.

Quickserve is often misleading. There have been a few times the new part numbers didn't change up to anything quickserve said my engine should have. Somehow Rawze always seems to be able to find out though.... wish I knew how.

My updated dpf and ecm file for example, nowhere in quickserve did it say that dog can or av file was right for my engine but when I asked on here, rawze said it was right.

present for you!

Attached File(s)
.pdf  DPF TSB.pdf (Size: 160.55 KB / Downloads: 66)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , barf , Brock , redbeard , kalsandhu , dhirocz , DosGatos , scottydogtruck , gatow900 , hhow55 , overshot
(04-10-2018 )Brock Wrote:  ...

That is because I keep after the TSB's and also do thorough comparisons of calibration files.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , barf , Brock , redbeard , hhow55 , overshot , zero4 , DSTdriver , LargeCar , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.