Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
04-13-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
No... i am not bored... i am glad to meet u... and admire how u hande the stealler situation... just sad that i am not helping at all in the inframe.. beside never bored at rawze place...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar
(04-13-2018 )wildpib Wrote:  No... i am not bored... i am glad to meet u... and admire how u hande the stealler situation... just sad that i am not helping at all in the inframe.. beside never bored at rawze place...

LOL! Not you pib, Rawze looked a bit bored, a lot on his mind. You are doing fine, and thank you again for dinner! And remember, next time avoid the restaurant spaghetti!
replyreply
It was nice meeting you Waterloo, and Wildpib.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: zero4
(04-13-2018 )74bassman Wrote:  It was nice meeting you Waterloo, and Wildpib.

Same here neighbor!
replyreply
04-18-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
Well, the dealer came through! Six NEW injectors, one in frame kit and two cams. Rawze and I picked them up at Mr Hagg's this afternoon. I have been working for two days grinding on my frame rails, will be using Corroseal on the rust and painting tomorrow. First things first though, Walmart in the morning for more supplies. We are running out of food!

Very busy around here, quite a bit going on... NEVER a dull moment... But let me tell you this...

Mr Hagg has a daughter, she is in-framing a ProStar/ISX right now, one sharp cookie! She even had Rawze go WTF! I am going to say this, if you guys need work done, make an appointment with Mr Hagg! I was looking at his daughters work, she had everything in plastic bags, multiple LABLED plastic Zip-Loc bags, etc., and this truck was a hot mess from driver neglect. The parts that were removed were neatly organized on a five shelf, maybe more, metal rack. This girl has it GOING ON!

And she is not all sugar and spice, she rocks... Do this, and this happens, do this, and good things happen, and on and on. I took her advice on the Turbo, remove it, replace the nuts that hold it on, and she explained why. She had a few more things like that up her sleeve...

And Mr Hagg... Again, a fountain of information, not putting Rawze down, but Mr Hagg ROCKS! Him and his daughter schooled us both today. Just saying, and not meant to insult anyone. Far from it. Mr Hagg does this daily, multiple in frame kits were delivered today along with mine. This is what they do, and they have it down to a science.

Need a mandate fixed, need an in frame? Haggai Automotive and Diesel BABY! Two owner ops were there when we rolled in, they were going to have to wait until tomorrow, Mr Hagg's wife gave them her car to use to go get a room at a hotel. How many outfits would do that? Trough these guys the keys to a Lexus SUV. These are good folks.

Well, what a day! Parts arrived, was schooled by a little girl, met some great guys and had a few Heinekens to boot! I'm going to grab a shower and go to bed. Good night y'all!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz , Signature620 , Brock , hhow55 , barf , PuroCumminsPower , DDlighttruck , gatow900 , overshot , zero4 , LargeCar , Toolguy
04-18-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
New injectors. I would love to find them, apparently they are out there!

I'm stuck using 4434PX injectors. Still gotta be better than some $1200 unknown set of 'refurbished' injectors(which, by my understanding, just means they are cleaned and tested and not remanned at all).

I would love to get schooled on this thing. Still jealous! Soak up every thing you can!

I'm still trying to find a not so pain in the ass way to pull my trans at the same time. Flywheel housing gasket is starting to leak just a little bit...

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
04-19-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
(04-18-2018 )dhirocz Wrote:  New injectors. I would love to find them, apparently they are out there!

I'm stuck using 4434PX injectors. Still gotta be better than some $1200 unknown set of 'refurbished' injectors(which, by my understanding, just means they are cleaned and tested and not remanned at all).

I would love to get schooled on this thing. Still jealous! Soak up every thing you can!

I'm still trying to find a not so pain in the ass way to pull my trans at the same time. Flywheel housing gasket is starting to leak just a little bit...

The dealer told me no new injectors in the pipeline... They ordered remans, I got new. Same goes for the heads. Order some injectors, see what you get, if not new, shoot them back and try again. I was totally blown away. At Mr Haggs, this is the norm, remans come in as new parts. I think most of us here have already figured out a Cummins Motor is only good for a few hundred thousand miles until everything melts down and is no longer repairable. Just my experience. You want a reliable motor, find an old Detroit Series 60 or Cummins N-14.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: overshot
(04-19-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  ..
The dealer told me no new injectors in the pipeline... They ordered remans, I got new. Same goes for the heads. Order some injectors, see what you get, if not new, shoot them back and try again. I was totally blown away. At Mr Haggs, this is the norm, remans come in as new parts. I think most of us here have already figured out a Cummins Motor is only good for a few hundred thousand miles until everything melts down and is no longer repairable. Just my experience. You want a reliable motor, find an old Detroit Series 60 or Cummins N-14.

Actually Mr. Hag is able to quote and get them either way when he orders. What the girl in the front was saying is that when someone orders re-man through them for the lower price, because they order so much stuff, she often rejects RX part numbers and demands PX part numbers instead while she is at the parts pickup so that people get new even though they paid only for re-man.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , Kid Rock , barf , PuroCumminsPower , gatow900 , overshot , zero4 , LargeCar
Shops that make you feel like family, few and far between. The shop Unilevers works with is like that and it stood out with me. The owner took me in his pickup for a tour of thier multi building setup..... very impressive! And threw me the keys to his wife's SUV to run and get lunch. I just couldn't believe how nice they were and I cannot recommend them enough!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , PuroCumminsPower , gatow900 , zero4 , LargeCar

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.