Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
04-09-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
(04-09-2018 )dhirocz Wrote:  I gotta admit, I'm surprised they didn't do the corporate dodge and point that I expected from Cummins or paccar. Good to hear!

It's the least they can do. It's still costing you due to downtime.

Let us know what they say about the counterbore. At least this won't hurt nearly as much as originally thought...maybe they figured this had lawsuit written all over it (and their solution would be a reman longblock, also with jacked up liners). This is probably the best possible outcome...you start fresh again with OEM parts, built under rawze's hand.

The workmanship never came up, as that was not discovered until yesterday. And yes, lawsuit. I made no threats, both Rawze and I were cool as cucumbers when talking with the dealership. He knew we knew, as I was still within that partial warranty for another three weeks. And quite honestly, I have known these guys for years, never expected this, but we have a good relationship, and I would like to keep it that way, as they are the only game in town. I’m not happy, but I am, now let’s make some lemonade out of these lemons!

Bottom line, I do not believe any of this was intentional. I am just happy that they did the right thing, and hope to find out they are fixing these in frame issues in regards to discovery and machining of the block.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2 , dhirocz , hhow55 , BobsYourUncle , Brock , fargonaz , Midland , barf , overshot , LargeCar

Messages In This Thread
Caveat emptor - Waterloo - 04-09-2018,
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... - Waterloo - 04-09-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.