Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
04-11-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
That is outstanding. Got a couple of questions though.

Can you elaborate on the oil and stone on the block? I'm assuming that is to prep the deck for the head gasket and to make sure it's flat. What grit stone are you using for the proper RA on the deck and where in the world did you get a stone that big and flat?

Did your engine have the updated retainer on the cam? The thicker washer that goes under the bolt that is supposed to be more resistant to breaking? I keep hearing of an improved one, haven't seen one yet, or a part number. Want to make sure I have one on hand when the time comes.

Did you guys pull the front structure? I'm still trying to get eyes on this, to see what that entails. When I do mine this summer, I want to reseal that.

The ifsm, is there a master o ring kit that comes with the rebuild kit? I want to say there is a screen and a few other parts that need attention besides the pumps and actuators, didn't know if these came with the inframe kit from Cummins or not.

I'm still out running. I have been thinking of dropping by on my 34, but it now looks like I have an injector or something on it's way out on my truck. Idles like ass and drinks fuel. It's always something!

Those bowls are a great idea. Still envious of what you are learning. I bet it'll feel great when you drive it again!

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod

Messages In This Thread
Caveat emptor - Waterloo - 04-09-2018,
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... - dhirocz - 04-11-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.