Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
05-07-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
(05-06-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  <snip>...So, I am getting to like the 29th bolt, torquing to 41 ft lbs... Right up front behind the damper. I put the torque wrench to it, she turned and turned and then went "slip". The damn hole in the block was stripped out! I loaded the bolt up with green loc-tite and carried on. All of the other bolts torqued up just fine...<snip>

(05-06-2018 )Running rough Wrote:  <snip>...the 4 corners of the block where the ‘I believe’ aluminum front gear cover and rear flywheel housing which I believe is also made of aluminum joins to the cast iron engine block, how do I know, I stripped out a bolt as well torquing the pan near the front, I freaked out thinking...<snip>

Yes, both the gear cover and the flywheel housing are aluminum, heli-coil is your friend! Should always have some on hand if you're ever removing the oil pan, 'cause if you have it, you'll never need it, and if you don't you will...

(05-06-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  ... Oh, Rawze has the hottest little US Mail girl, I mean this girl was gorgeous, and that little southern drawl... Yikes! ;-)
Oh dear lord...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , snailexpress , JMBT , zero4

Messages In This Thread
Caveat emptor - Waterloo - 04-09-2018,
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... - Hammerhead - 05-07-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.