Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
05-30-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
Tuesday, the truck started, I have video and will post. 0300 right now, been in a bit of a celebratory mood... Right now, she started without issue. We pre lubed the oil system with a small 12 volt pump we borrowed from Mr Hagg. Took around three minutes and she fired right up. She did not struggle, sounded like when I start her on a cold morning after she sat for a weekend...

When Rawze gave me the thumbs up, my blood pressure dropped, I almost fainted. I had the vapors, you old guys will know what I am speaking of. I nearly puked I was so happy. This was a very serious endeavor for myself, I have never rebuilt a motor, any motor, none, period.

She sounds good, a little rattle in the valve train as she warmed up, no smoke, none. Ran smooth, will take her off the blocks tomorrow and install the hood. Then we test drive, a couple hundred miles and take her in for an oil change to get the crap out. And then we do another overhead and injector adjustment.

This did take quite awhile, many delays, and again, I am analy slow. As of now, my painfully slow workmanship is paying off. This truck sounds better now than when I brought her in.

And Nilao stopped by yesterday, a shout out to him. He was gracious enough to set up my laptop with Insite and Cal... Long story, but he is one hell of a stand up guy. A BIG THANK YOU TO HIM!

All right, it is bed time, beer is kicking in, and Rawze made Curry Chicken tonight, breaking wind right now and need to get some sleep. LOL!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BobsYourUncle , Chamberpains , Signature620 , Nilao , snailexpress , DosGatos , Brock , pearce trucking , Hammerhead , Kid Rock , Mrkentee , Volvo8873 , imalumberjack , kalsandhu , stevesparts , Matt , scottydogtruck , JMBT , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
Caveat emptor - Waterloo - 04-09-2018,
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... - Waterloo - 05-30-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.