Fan
04-08-2018, (Subject: Fan ) 
Fan
2011 International Prostar, I use insite to run fan diagnostic. When I run the test, add the specified time the fan won't turn on. Anyone experience this before? The fan also won't turn on at 215 deg.
replyreply
RE: Fan
(04-08-2018 )rapidisimo Wrote:  2011 International Prostar, I use insite to run fan diagnostic. When I run the test, add the specified time the fan won't turn on. Anyone experience this before? The fan also won't turn on at 215 deg.

Monitor engine fan state, see if it's getting the command? Presuming you have a manual switch.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rapidisimo
(04-08-2018 )Rounded_nut Wrote:  
(04-08-2018 )rapidisimo Wrote:  2011 International Prostar, I use insite to run fan diagnostic. When I run the test, add the specified time the fan won't turn on. Anyone experience this before? The fan also won't turn on at 215 deg.

Monitor engine fan state, see if it's getting the command? Presuming you have a manual switch.

Thanks and no I don't have a manual switch.
replyreply
05-04-2018, (Subject: Fan ) 
Can someone help me diagnose this fan issue? I'm using insite but I'm new at using this program. I still can't figure out what's wrong. I changed the fan solenoid and coolant temp sensor and still no luck.

Help!
replyreply
Stop throwing parts at it. Your getting excited and doing dumb things. Calm down and think it thru. 1st step is to have Insite command the fan be on in diagnostics. Then go to monitor switches and make sure it infact says the ecm is commanding the fan on. If its not then its an ecm problem. Then go to the fan and check the airline physically remove it and make sure it doesn't have air going to it. If it has air going to it then there is a plumbing issue. Your solenoid switch is stuck or being commanded open. Figure out whats causing it. If no air is going to the fan and it just spins freely than more than likely the clutch in the fan is shot. Most hub manufacturers sell the clutch rebuild kits. Go get 1 and replace the worn out clutch. They more often than not can be replaced with the hub on the truck. But I've never worked on a Prostar so 1 of those guys will have chime in. But only after you narrow down what you've check and confirmed and then let us know what all you've check and confirmed. We have semi good vision but still can't see the truck from here.
replyreply
With truck shut off, drain the air tanks all the way. Crank it back up and and see if the engine fan is on until air is built back up, then switches off again.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(05-04-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  With truck shut off, drain the air tanks all the way. Crank it back up and and see if the engine fan is on until air is built back up, then switches off again.

I know it did but I don't think it is anymore. I'm not with the trk right now but I'll double chk tomm.
replyreply
05-05-2018, (Subject: Fan ) 
(05-04-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  With truck shut off, drain the air tanks all the way. Crank it back up and and see if the engine fan is on until air is built back up, then switches off again.

Started the trk but the fan no longer comes on while the tanks build air (it did a few days ago) Does that mean that my fan clutch is bad or ecm is toast?
replyreply
05-05-2018, (Subject: Fan ) 
(05-05-2018 )rapidisimo Wrote:  

Started the trk but the fan no longer comes on while the tanks build air (it did a few days ago) Does that mean that my fan clutch is bad or ecm is toast?
easy way to check - shut engine off, take serpentine belt off disconnect air line to clutch. Spin the fan if it spinning free the clutch is place to look. Sometime clutch seized and few hummer smacks can fix it.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.