CM870 just went through 15gallons of oil in 1 week!
04-08-2018, (Subject: CM870 just went through 15gallons of oil in 1 week! ) 
CM870 just went through 15gallons of oil in 1 week!
Hey guys new member here... I was hoping to learn a lot more and make it out to one of you guys for overhaul BUT my truck just used(mostly spilled) 15 gallons of oil this past week and it’s time! It went from 2-3 gallons a week to 15gallons last week! 2007 KW T600 780k on CM870 CPL 8520 450hp. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated thanks guys! I just received inline6 and pyro/boost gauge and was ready to finally get my head outta my ass and this happens. I’m to blame of course but I can sure use some help if you can lend some guidance. Funds are limited. I’m in northern Illinois/Wisconsin birder off I-94. Once again any help is appreciated.
replyreply
04-09-2018, (Subject: CM870 just went through 15gallons of oil in 1 week! ) 
RE: CM870 just went through 15gallons of oil in 1 week!
Ok so... I've been spending more time on the forum getting trying to learn more! My truck made it to the shop today for an overhaul. I would like to demandate it ASAP. With a fresh overhaul on the way I would like clean oil. Like I said its a cm870 CPL 8520 on 2007 KW T600 Engine No. 79184741. I just received my inline 6 and pyrometer/boost gauge. I am in the process finding windows 7 for my MacBook air.

These are some highlights of what I have learned on this forum so far.... make sure liner height is measured at top of liner to top of block but definitely from where the liner sits on block to the top of block to measure any drop, shim oil pump (8dimes), oil bypass valve(or bypass filter), piston cooling nozzles, clean oil passages, clean all air intake, and egr sensors.... But I also don't wanna waste money.... I really wanna demandate it! My question is, do I still need to buy delta-p and other egr sensors if I'm gonna demandate it? If not then I'd rather save that money for the demandate. Also do I need a EGR plug set? Any recommendations on CAC or Radiator brands? OEM is a bit pricey at 2,972 for Rad and 1,095 for CAC at least for the moment!

This is where I'm at so far. Like I mentioned earlier I really would have like to have made it to a shop like mr. haggai's or gearhead's but with my funds, distance and planning I really limited (screwed) myself. Anyway this is where I begin. Any insight is welcome. And I will post pictures and ask more questions with progress. Thanks!
replyreply
new intake pressure and temp sensors. new exhaust pressure sensor. counter-bore it and set liner height to 0.014". Use all OEM parts for the internals. Use 6 dimes (8 max) in the oil pump.

for a CM870, Unilevers, Mommaburt or gearhead for the de-mandate.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: chuy
Your price for a CAC was cheaper than mine, but for the radiator is WAY more expensive. Call around, get the part number, even call some Pete dealers.

Sometimes you can also get a good deal online, but make sure you know what you are doing and it's OEM if you do. Lots of China junk out there you DONT want.

My understanding of the oil pump is to use 6 dimes if you still have the original flywheel housing gasket. You can use 8, but the slight bit of extra oil pressure you would get might cause that gasket to leak, and it's a bitch to get to. It's not normally replaced as part of an inframe, and requires transmission removal.

I put 6 in mine, and am plenty happy compared to stock. Ill make it 8 when I know I won't be causing any leaks.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: chuy , Rawze
04-10-2018, (Subject: CM870 just went through 15gallons of oil in 1 week! ) 
(04-09-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  new intake pressure and temp sensors. new exhaust pressure sensor. counter-bore it and set liner height to 0.014". Use all OEM parts for the internals. Use 6 dimes (8 max) in the fuel pump.

for a CM870, Unilevers, Mommaburt or gearhead for the de-mandate.

in the fuel pump? Thought it was in the oil pump...

User's Signature: You want how much?
replyreply
You may want to have your tech torque the head bolts as Rawze instructs somewhere on here. I can't find the actual link to the procedure. By doing the initial torque then letting them set over night then doing the final torque.
replyreply
(04-10-2018 )scottydogtruck Wrote:  ...
in the fuel pump? Thought it was in the oil pump...

thanks. lol

.. I am thinking it was the 3 beers talking ...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(04-10-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  You may want to have your tech torque the head bolts as Rawze instructs somewhere on here. I can't find the actual link to the procedure. By doing the initial torque then letting them set over night then doing the final torque.

maybe this post???
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid10891

replyreply
Yup, that's the 1. You have you scroll back in the discussion a bit but the procedure is there. Thanx Rawze.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.