Connecting Shipper's to Owner Operators
04-07-2016, (Subject: Connecting Shipper's to Owner Operators ) 
Connecting Shipper's to Owner Operators
http://www.overdriveonline.com/overhaul-...-platform/
replyreply
04-08-2016, (Subject: Connecting Shipper's to Owner Operators ) 
RE: Connecting Shipper's to Owner Operators
Technology is great. I theorize that in the future some shippers.... and 1 man, 1 truck show Carriers.... will benefit from several new platforms that are coming out soon that eliminate brokers from the equation.

I've taken Freight Broker training and learned the ins and outs of how those characters make their money. The honest ones and the bad ones. I think people coming up with these ideas to bypass the brokers is long overdue.

Trucking in my opinion has to be one of the most volatile and complex businesses to start. We all know the endless issues of over regulation and permits and taxes and then add into the equation also: Everyday somebody and his brother is starting a new trucking business and taking loads with brokers for dirt cheap. So the rates stay low.

Then of course while your debating and negotiating a load rate your damn DPF and emissions warning lights start busting rainbows and alarms on your dash.

These guys starting these businesses offering carriers who are a 1 truck show or small fleets of a few trucks a platform have forgotten a few things though:

Some shippers that pay higher rates will do business with you, but only if you can come in and drop a pool of empty trailers. The shippers may need 5-50 trailers per month available 7 days a week to load freight. These platforms will not solve that. So those shippers will not be on these platforms.

Schneider, Swift, Coventry, Werner and etc will always beat out the small carriers with those shippers. They can go in there and drop a pool of trailers.

Then you have the small carriers who live life by quick pay. Brokers will pay quick pay, not all of them but some do. Those that don't will agree to set up with factoring companies of the carriers choosing and the little guy gets paid 24-48 hours later.

That's one of the reasons small carriers will always do business with brokers and factoring companies. Most shippers aren't going to pay the little guy within 24-48 hours.

I think if your a little guy in this business and can afford to take standard pay delays (7-30 days after delivery) with no penalty fees, you'll do well. Those platforms of Uberization of trucks may work out for them.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.