CM871 oil pressure
04-21-2018, (Subject: CM871 oil pressure ) 
RE: CM871 oil pressure
(04-21-2018 )pearce trucking Wrote:  So with the ring being broken, I assume boost is lost in a high boost condition. The imap monitors air flow so I guess at max boost commanded, my boost will be lower than its designed to be. Is fuel reduced to make up for this? Or is the engine running richer? I guess ultimately power will be reduced regardless. Just wondering what other effects follow from the broken ring. I guess on climbs, egts would be higher?
Thanks.

It will become a bit rich but the fuel air mix control limiter will back off the fueling to prevent it from becoming too rich, therefore reducing power too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: pearce trucking , Brock , Hammerhead
05-03-2018, (Subject: CM871 oil pressure ) 
So I got the new turbine housing and mated it to the turbo. The sector gear travel stop just shy of the green area as shown in the pics. A tap from a pry bar will move it the rest of the way, but by hand it goes to the spot on the pic. I've spent 6-8 hours deburring and cleaning the variable vanes, and while its better, it still doesn't go through the full range of motion by hand. Am I stuck buying a new turbo? Or is there something I'm missing?
Thanks.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
05-03-2018, (Subject: CM871 oil pressure ) 
It needs to move its full travel range without hang-ups, otherwise it is not right and will not calibrate correctly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: pearce trucking
05-08-2018, (Subject: CM871 oil pressure ) 
Well I got a new turbo. The oil cooler, oil pump, egr cooler, etc. are finished. Got it started. Idle fine.
After a minute or two it stumbled and I shut it down. Tried 2 or 3 more times with same result. Smoke came out of an exhaust joint each time.
I had calibrated my old actuator in insite per the detailed directions on quickserve. Gear turned during calibration, and install passed also.
I have code 3616 with 875 occurrences. It is still occurring currently and is active but without a cel. Also another code with 14000 plus occurrences regarding the vgt is inactive.
There was fuel vapor in the intake as in the picture. I have inspected the turbo compressor outlet for oil leaks and there are none. The new air compressor is not pushing oil either. The wetness in the intake was pungent and almost certainly entirely fuel and soot. This had been cleaned before reinstalling and was in the condition in the pic after. No coolant smell or indication of coolant in the intake. Small amount of odorless water drops I assumed to be condensation from egr mixer. No smell or odor from it thought. Fuel vapor was emanating from the intake before I took the pic.
Aftertreatment injector was closed in insite. Smoke was coming from exhaust stack. No problem with dpf pressures or temps.
I had an exhaust pressure sensor code earlier wheen calibrating the actuator. Cleaned plug and reconnected and code went away. Fuel pressure is 260 or so.
Actuator gear was frozen in place before calibrating, but turned under command from insite and passed calibration. Sector gear on new turbo was smooth.
My only guess is bad actuator as I thought the gear would turn by hand, although I know you aren't supposed to turn it, and mine was frozen. No external oil or coolant leaks. Oil pressure at idle is 42 psi with new oil pump and 2 dimes in dogbone this time.
Last thought, Exhaust gas pressure was reading 13.xx inches mercury with truck off. Don't know if it's reading innacurately. HELP!
:waaaht:

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
05-08-2018, (Subject: CM871 oil pressure ) 
Two other things. The engine stumbled for 2-4 seconds after turning off the ignition, which I decided would figure considering how much fuel is in the intake.
Secondly, monitoring engine mode in insite before shut down.
Low speed governor
Max fuel
Engine derate
Shutdown
In that order. Another time it went through 6 or 8 changes I couldn't keep up with in about 5 seconds before I shut it down.
So does anyone have any ideas?
replyreply
05-09-2018, (Subject: CM871 oil pressure ) 
Does anyone have any ideas?
replyreply
05-09-2018, (Subject: CM871 oil pressure ) 
Push the record button on insite when you're monitoring it and it does what you're saying. You can look back on what it recorded and also post that here.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: pearce trucking
05-22-2018, (Subject: CM871 oil pressure ) 
Hi again folks. Bad news.
I got everything finished. The actuator was the problem before. I've run one load and have broken down on the second one. About 550 miles since I left home. It looks fine externally, but has an internal rattle. Not certain, but I think I have oil in coolant. Still on roadside. I'm going to get it towed to Ocala Cummins. I know the guys there. I'd like to come to Haggai, but don't know his schedule or the tow bill. Thanks
replyreply
05-22-2018, (Subject: CM871 oil pressure ) 
Hi again folks.
I spoke to Katelyn at Haggai. They're booked til June 11, but I'm going to call them back in the morning.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.