Fuel Lines
04-13-2018, (Subject: Fuel Lines ) 
Fuel Lines
I think my truck is sucking in air thru one of the fuel lines connected to the Davco filter. I got 2 new fittings and fuel line. Does anyone have a recommendation on how to get the barb part of the fitting into the fuel line? The line I want to replace has a broken retainer clip, and I think it not keeps a good seal.
replyreply
RE: Fuel Lines
(04-13-2018 )74bassman Wrote:  I think my truck is sucking in air thru one of the fuel lines connected to the Davco filter. I got 2 new fittings and fuel line. Does anyone have a recommendation on how to get the barb part of the fitting into the fuel line? The line I want to replace has a broken retainer clip, and I think it not keeps a good seal.
If fuel line is plastic only one way get it into fuel line to heat fuel line. I did use boiling water. Hold line in the water for about minute until line is softens then slide fitting in quickly.
Wife's hair dryer will work too. Don't put dryer too close and too hot
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2 , hhow55 , Rounded_nut
Thanks. I figure I would have to do something like that. It kinda looks like a molded line the way the fitting goes in.
replyreply
04-14-2018, (Subject: Fuel Lines ) 
I took all of mine off and to a hydraulic and marine shop and had them replicated in better quality stuff than OEM. Wasn't too expensive.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
(04-14-2018 )dhirocz Wrote:  I took all of mine off and to a hydraulic and marine shop and had them replicated in better quality stuff than OEM. Wasn't too expensive.

Photos please!
replyreply
I too also replace mine with hydraulic hose. I just take the old section off and take it down to the local auto parts store and have it made to the same length.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
Be careful when using Hydraulic hose. It is not rated for ULSD fuel. It can swell shut and cause problems. Bio-diesel will raise heck with it too. Best to use diesel rated fuel hose.

User's Signature: The fastest way to learn is to make a mistake. If it costs me $ I learn pretty quickly. It's cheaper to learn from someone else's mistakes.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
04-17-2018, (Subject: Fuel Lines ) 
I got the factory fuel line and fittings, just have to make to length.
replyreply
04-19-2018, (Subject: Fuel Lines ) 
If your looking at standard nylon line for a cheaper option, then you should be aware that the Eaton brand nylon line is firmer and more abrasion resistant. It allows you to form it to the best route for the line. Then very gently heat the line at the bends and allow it to cool and it will then be formed into that exact position with out stress in the bend. In my opinion Its worth the money for the long haul.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.