Is it worth it to add a davco?
02-27-2019, (Subject: Is it worth it to add a davco? ) 
RE: Is it worth it to add a davco?
Took me 2 hrs to get 871 running Monday then 4hrs of high idle to even think about running it. If you get near a coffee cup or cenex get #1. It's a basic necessity up here.
replyreply
Copy that I appreciate it trouble now is getting primed up so it will stay running
replyreply
Any experience with p40 blend ?
replyreply
No idea what p40 is here unless it's a preblend of #1 and 2 if your still in SD
replyreply
02-28-2019, (Subject: Is it worth it to add a davco? ) 
Apperantly is blend with additive thats good for -40. Said it was better than number one . But I got new fuel filter and got all ingelled but the filter gauge is still reading 20 maxed out with the red light on . Idled ok once I got the prime done and ungelled the fuel but now it will only run a little while till its sucks all the fuel out of the filter on the motor and the one on the frame paccar style stays full . My lift pump is not as loud as it is normally and it’s like it’s not keeping up with fuel demand . Cycle the key serveal times and she fires right up runs fine smooth the gulps and then dies . I only made it 40 somthing miles today trying to get little closer to finding a shop or parts and mostly a place worth staying at . Another driver I never meet today helped me out a lot today and makes you realize there are people out there like my self and it was a blessing to have come across him . He ended up calling it a day where I was going to end up just to insist that he hook hook our batteries together so I would not run out of heat and my dog and I not freeze like last night and this morning. I appreciate all you guys . Hopefully I can figure it out tomorrow it’s been a long 4 days .
replyreply
I’m back boys not 100% due to a 25% derate but I got some number one diesel I took my lines loose my fuel tanks to my filters I blew all the junk out of them I hooked it back up I got a new filter put in the paccar housing primed the system bled all the air out pressurize the tanks to check for leaks they were solid we’re back on the road only residual effects are that I have a speed sensor code so my speedometer doesn’t work and I still have a fuel rail pressure code 559 but all in all we’re running down the road at highway speed even with the 25 The rate rough week but we’re looking to deliver this load Now I just got a find a shop or somebody within insite to clear my codes and I think will be good to go
replyreply
Welcome to the north lol common rail engines can barely survive up here without artic fox fuel tank heaters and apus with 12/110v fuel heaters if you shutdown in this type of cold
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.