Linux v Windows
02-24-2016, (Subject: Linux v Windows ) 
RE: Linux v Windows
(02-24-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  
(02-24-2016 )Phase4 Wrote:  Bill Gates has been in the news lately saying that Apple should allow the FBI a backdoor into it's phones and it reminded me of this old article.

Windows:
" The NSA key is contained inside all versions of Windows from Windows 95 OSR2 onwards. "
See here how they found it
http://www.heise.de/tp/artikel/5/5263/1.html

Linux:
????????????

Der Link ist nicht gefunden. Fehlermeldung 404.
Vieleicht die NSA hat es schon gestrichen!

Das Forum ist nur Englische.

I can't read/speak German but google translate helped.
The article is in English and from the U.S. I can reach it just fine. No 404.
replyreply
I get the german web site from my phone. I'll try it later at home.
My german is to rusty to read most of the other articles. Use to be near fluent but have no reason to practice unless I pursue brewmaster!

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
I'm not sure about all this linux crazyness. I'm looking at switching over, went an downloaded the latest kubuntu and setup a live usb stick. in 10mins of running it poking around managed to crash KDE once and then freeze it up a couple mins later soooooo not looking all the great right now for this super duper amazing OS lol.

Nah I'm still gonna make the switch, I think when I get home I'm gonna get just regular ubuntu with unity and install the other GUI's so I can play with them all find the one I like. I haven't played with linux since hmmm back around 2000 and man what a difference from what I can remember, and unfortunately I can't remember half the stuff I used to know so I'm learning from scratch again should be fun give me something to do in my down time.

I'm actually writing this from the live drive now :)
replyreply
(02-24-2016 )ynot Wrote:  I'm not sure about all this linux crazyness. I'm looking at switching over, went an downloaded the latest kubuntu and setup a live usb stick. in 10mins of running it poking around managed to crash KDE once and then freeze it up a couple mins later soooooo not looking all the great right now for this super duper amazing OS lol.

Nah I'm still gonna make the switch, I think when I get home I'm gonna get just regular ubuntu with unity and install the other GUI's so I can play with them all find the one I like. I haven't played with linux since hmmm back around 2000 and man what a difference from what I can remember, and unfortunately I can't remember half the stuff I used to know so I'm learning from scratch again should be fun give me something to do in my down time.

I'm actually writing this from the live drive now :)

Once you start working with it everything will come back. I wasn't crazy about unity. Rawze introduced me to Ubuntu running LXDE shell. Very clean and lightweight.
I like Lubuntu 64. Basically the same thing, LXDE shell on Ubuntu. Both are Debian based. 15.1 now but try the long term support version. The next LTS should be out in this year.
His Bash script ran without a hitch. No crashes or errors, everything works. Smokin' fast!

I am so done with windows! Just can't see investing so much time in something I can never master. Kinda like trying to get a firm footing on shifting sand.
I have several hundred pounds of windows books that will make good kindling!

replyreply
(02-24-2016 )Phase4 Wrote:  
(02-24-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  
(02-24-2016 )Phase4 Wrote:  Bill Gates has been in the news lately saying that Apple should allow the FBI a backdoor into it's phones and it reminded me of this old article.

Windows:
" The NSA key is contained inside all versions of Windows from Windows 95 OSR2 onwards. "
See here how they found it
http://www.heise.de/tp/artikel/5/5263/1.html

Linux:
????????????

Der Link ist nicht gefunden. Fehlermeldung 404.
Vieleicht die NSA hat es schon gestrichen!

Das Forum ist nur Englische.

I can't read/speak German but google translate helped.
The article is in English and from the U.S. I can reach it just fine. No 404.

Link works fine on laptop. For some reason Firefox mobile was reading German only and 404 on link to article.
What I was driving at was "perhaps the NSA already deleted the link" The line between export technologies is so blurred.
News is very different depending on just were you are standing in this world.

Very good read! MS/intel have been in bed for years. Remember the V chip dust up?

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.