coolant filter cut apart
04-08-2016, (Subject: coolant filter cut apart ) 
RE: coolant filter cut apart
It looks better than this one ---

./uploads/201604/post_2_1460111360_9ecb17f2794840fa3b1c72cd7290f027.jpg

This is one that had likely never been changed. Found it on a truck that had 600k miles on it.

What you think the rest of the engine looked like eh? --- and to think this guy was being picky about what kind of oil he was using, asking all kinds of questions about making his engine last longer... lol

Guess he never thought about making sure his coolant system was in good shape too.

The point of all this is --- CHANGE YOUR COOLANT FILTER EVERY 50,000 MILES OR SO!

I haven't had a problem with that interval. If your getting clogging at 20,000 miles, there is something wrong. Likely your using the wrong coolant filter. ISX engines need a WF2127 --- NOT a WF2126. There is a BIG DIFFERENCE, because the 2126 is full of dried SCA additive when you put it on and if you keep using them, they will gum up your system and the coolant filter will keep getting clogged up.

I recommend people use the WF2127 filters ONLY! and if their coolant needs SCA or nitrates,.. TEST YOUR COOLANT YOURSELF WITH TEST STRIPS REGULARLY ADD IT YOURSELF!

--- And if you use RED COOLANT --- GUESS WHAT -- YOU DON'T NEED SCA ADDITIVES AT ALL! --- The WF2127 filter IS THE ONLY FILTER you should be running to avoid gumming up the system.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: coolant filter cut apart - Rawze - 04-08-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.