coolant filter cut apart
05-03-2016, (Subject: coolant filter cut apart ) 
RE: coolant filter cut apart
Big fleet mentality. Riiiiiigggghhhhhtttt. Just before Valentines day I was loading a load of flowers just outside of Vancouver. A company day cab showed up to do a preload and we got to talking. He was asking me questions that seemed kinda strange for a company driver to ask like what problems he should be looking out for with his truck. It turns out he bought the truck from the company not too long before and he mentioned when he asked "when does the oil need changing?" the reply was "you got lucky, we just changed it before you bought it so you're good for another 80000km."

Keep in mind this is a day cab working a big city and most likely before that it ran turn pikes on the prairies, both of which I consider severe to extreme service. Even Volvo give a distance of 40000km for severe and I think 30000km for extreme. I'm sure the company's response would be "but we're using synthetic oil, and besides we trade them off just before the warranty runs out so WE DON'T CARE""

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: coolant filter cut apart - kryten - 05-03-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.