Solenoid Function Issue
04-17-2018, (Subject: Solenoid Function Issue ) 
Solenoid Function Issue
I need to know what the four solenoids do from right to left. The trouble that I'm having is my airbags leak off going down the road and my dump valve switch is working backwards. I replaced the two center solenoids and I replaced the 6 pack printed circuit board.

Help appreciated ASAP. I'm down and need to load.
replyreply
RE: Solenoid Function Issue
What kind of truck? - Year? model?
some history?

Maybe look at an identical make/model truck and make sure it is plumbed correctly?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
2009 Prostar International - 700,000+ miles

Dump valve never would dump, but not an issue, but after replacing the two middle solenoids is when they started working backwards. The airbags would leak overnight, but when started the next morning, they would air back up.

I replaced the check valves that hooks to the two center solenoids also.
replyreply
Maybe try swapping the two solenoids? Possibly they're reversed and one has a check valve?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , prgreen777 , Waterloo
Are you sure the dump valve never worked? I have an '09 Prostar too. When I flip the dump switch it starts dumping about 30 seconds later; pisses me off, I throw the switch because I want to dump it NOW! I'm sure it's a setting in Diamond Logic that needs changing, but I've been too busy (lazy) to figure out how to get a working copy of DLB. And I'm sure not going to pay the stealership.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: prgreen777 , Waterloo
Oh yeah, on mine there was a label at one time. The solenoid on the left, closest to the back of the truck, is the air horn.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: prgreen777
DLB doesn't always work. I can't change crap on mine because my program is older than the version used to change it last.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf , prgreen777
04-20-2018, (Subject: Solenoid Function Issue ) 
Make sure the solenoids you bought are in the correct resting position for where they are at or the application. This is refered to as "NO" normally open or "NC" nornally closed. Oftentimes part numbers are very close between the two and parts guys screw this up a lot. The C looks like an O or vise versa. This goes for any switch or solenoid you may run into. It's a very common problem in a lot of applications for many many years.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
04-20-2018, (Subject: Solenoid Function Issue ) 
(04-17-2018 )barf Wrote:  Are you sure the dump valve never worked? I have an '09 Prostar too. When I flip the dump switch it starts dumping about 30 seconds later; pisses me off, I throw the switch because I want to dump it NOW! I'm sure it's a setting in Diamond Logic that needs changing, but I've been too busy (lazy) to figure out how to get a working copy of DLB. And I'm sure not going to pay the stealership.

My 2008 is the same way, flip the switch and wait. Annoying as hell.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.