cm 2350 coolant in oil
04-17-2018, (Subject: cm 2350 coolant in oil ) 
cm 2350 coolant in oil
I have a 2018 pete 365 with a cm2350 (12 liter) the truck has about 8500 miles on it and I think about 1500 hours. About 4 months ago I got a low coolant light on the dash so I checked the level and sure enough it was just under the minimum level mark. At that time I had only had the truck for 7-8 months and the truck is brand new, so I thought maybe the factory just didn't fill it up enough or something so i put about 3/4 of a gallon in (if i remember right) and kept on using the truck. I changed the oil recently and noticed the coolant level is going down again so just as a precaution I took an oil sample. It just came in and here is what they found
.pdf  50 ton oil sample #1.PDF (Size: 867.93 KB / Downloads: 549)

What could cause this on a brand new motor?
replyreply
RE: cm 2350 coolant in oil
injector cups would be my bet, pretty common on those things.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard
How do you test for bad injector cups?
replyreply
04-18-2018, (Subject: cm 2350 coolant in oil ) 
Could it be the egr cooler?
replyreply
(04-18-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  Could it be the egr cooler?

Doubtful, the new EGR Cooler design is pretty much bulletproof. Easy enough to test though, pressurize coolant system to 20 psi, remove rear hose off of EGR cooler, check for coolant with finger inside cooler. If nothing present, let set overnight. Check for coolant in the morning. Unilever is more than likely correct, or you have a fretted liner.
replyreply
Well just got off the phone with the Pete dealer, they said that's to small of an amount to be able to detect where it's coming from. I was told to monitor how much antifreeze I'm putting in and continue oil samples to see if it gets worse.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
I know on our 871’s we can test the injectors for leaks. I am going to assume that there is an injector leak test/procedure for your motor. I would go to Cummins Quickserve, register if you have not, it is free, you will need your Engine Identification Number, it is on the head cover on the data plate. Go to service and look for injector tests, head gasket, etc. You should find what you are looking for there. I would also purchase an Inline reader, eBay, the one from Hong Kong.
replyreply
I have an inline reader. I'll check quickserve out tonight. Do you think they are right that it's to small of an amount to be able to find the source?
replyreply
pressurize it up and let it sit over night. your dealershit is a complete f%king idiot!> If coolant is seeping into the engine oil it will wash out the rod/main bearings in no time!@!!!!!!

It can always be found!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.