cm 2350 coolant in oil
04-18-2018, (Subject: cm 2350 coolant in oil ) 
RE: cm 2350 coolant in oil
(04-18-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  pressurize it up and let it sit over night. your dealershit is a complete f%king idiot!> If coolant is seeping into the engine oil it will wash out the rod/main bearings in no time!@!!!!!!

It can always be found!.

Lol!!! That's what I was thinking, but who am I ?
replyreply
04-18-2018, (Subject: cm 2350 coolant in oil ) 
(04-18-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  ...It can always be found!.

If they cared enough to actually search for it...
When you have more work lined up than you care to have, why look? Screw him, he'll bring it in when it's good-n-f###ed and we won't need to look for it, we'll just inframe it and be done...

...but hey, Cummins cares about your "uptime", LMAO

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz , rrod , Waterloo
04-19-2018, (Subject: cm 2350 coolant in oil ) 
If they inframe it as good as some of the examples I've seen on here, I'm better off letting my dog do the inframe.

There's a reason they call them 'cummins'. Because that's they are doing to you when you go to them for 'service' and end up bent over the desk.

I agree it can be found. They just don't care to find it...or worse yet, don't know how.

8500 miles? That thing is still a baby! Can you take it somewhere else, or better yet, check it over yourself for a leak?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(04-19-2018 )dhirocz Wrote:  If they inframe it as good as some of the examples I've seen on here, I'm better off letting my dog do the inframe.

There's a reason they call them 'cummins'. Because that's they are doing to you when you go to them for 'service' and end up bent over the desk.

I agree it can be found. They just don't care to find it...or worse yet, don't know how.

8500 miles? That thing is still a baby! Can you take it somewhere else, or better yet, check it over yourself for a leak?

I'm gonna call another dealer today and see what they say, but I have a feeling it will be the same B.S. I guess I'll have to start looking for the leak myself, I just didn't want to start tearing stuff apart and have them tell me the warranty is void now because I was wrenching on it. They aren't just gonna hand me new parts to put on myself.
replyreply
(04-19-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  ...

I'm gonna call another dealer today and see what they say, but I have a feeling it will be the same B.S. I guess I'll have to start looking for the leak myself, I just didn't want to start tearing stuff apart and have them tell me the warranty is void now because I was wrenching on it. They aren't just gonna hand me new parts to put on myself.

That is utter brainwashed BS by the stealershits to think you can't work on it without voiding the warranty. You can do as much work on your truck as you like...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid22621

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(04-19-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  

That is utter brainwashed BS by the stealershits to think you can't work on it without voiding the warranty. You can do as much work on your truck as you like...

huh, i never heard of that rawze. Well i'm gonna start trying to figure this out since they won't. Quickserve lists a procedure for checking the egr cooler with a "3-way coolant test kit" is that an ok way to test the cooler or does it have to be pressure tested?
replyreply
04-20-2018, (Subject: cm 2350 coolant in oil ) 
(04-19-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  
(04-19-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  

huh, i never heard of that rawze. Well i'm gonna start trying to figure this out since they won't. Quickserve lists a procedure for checking the egr cooler with a "3-way coolant test kit" is that an ok way to test the cooler or does it have to be pressure tested?

If you really want to get to the bottom of this, drain the oil and drop your oil pan. Pressurize the coolant system to 20 psi and let it sit overnight. Following day, bar the motor, two people makes this easy.

Pressurize the coolant system, I use a Stant hand pump and adapter I found on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002S...UTF8&psc=1
Looks identical to the Snap-On units. Here is the adapter that my truck requires, for reference. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VS...UTF8&psc=1

I don't know how your cooling system is set up, but pressurizing is the way to go, you just need the correct adapter(s) for your particular system. The way I found the correct adapters was to ask one of the techs at the dealer what they use. I crossed referenced the Snap-On adapter he was using and found the much cheaper Stant unit.

Here is what you are looking for if you drop the pan and pressurize the system...

./uploads/201804/post_2_1524224778_b7d7987bc5a293f7617c199ef09cfefc.jpg

This took a couple of days to show itself. We pressurized, let sit for a good 12+ hours, barred the motor, Rawze was under the truck watching as I worked the motor. The first try we found nothing. Let it sit again overnight, repeated and this time we actually heard the coolant in the block gurgling when I barred the motor. The pistons make a shhhhh sound, number five cylinder went gurgle gurgle gurgle. And sure enough, it was the #5 cylinder that was the source of our coolant leak. The liner had fretted and took out the head gasket and the head.

Here is the head gasket...

If you do drop the pan, just take your time. Odds are your's is like mine in regards to the oil pick up tube, mine is held on with 3 bolts, that will have to be removed so that you can slide the pan out. If you do drop the pan, I would put a few coats of POR-15 on the EXTERIOR of the pan. I would do this if you plan on keeping this truck for more than 3 or 4 years. These pans like to rot out, and a 6 pack of 4oz cans of POR-15 is cheap insurance. Use those throw away sponge brushes to apply.

Here is the Por-15 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J2V...UTF8&psc=1

Brushes https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MG5...UTF8&psc=1

Prep pan with acetone and scruff it up good with a Scotch Brite pad or finer grit sand paper. Apply Por, a few coats of primer and a couple of coats of paint. New pans are running around $1200, this is cheap insurance.

Also, it may be a good idea to go to Quickserve to see if there are any special procedures needed, and torque values, when reinstalling the pickup tube and the pan. Mine requires a bit of RTV or gasket sealer at two points on the block. You don't want to get the pan back on only to have it leak. And gently remove the oil pan gasket, as it is reusable.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: simon999 , Chamberpains , Volvo8873
04-23-2018, (Subject: cm 2350 coolant in oil ) 
UPDATE..... I found a Cummins dealer that agreed to check this thing out for me, I just simply don't have time to mess around with a truck that's still under warranty. I have 3 other trucks that need a lot of attention and I'm the only one here to work on all of them, so anyway they just called. Said the EGR cooler is bad and is leaking the antifreeze into the oil, they said the coolant also took out the EGR valve so they'll be replacing that also. This truck is exactly 1 year old with 9,000 miles. I don't see this mandate making it much longer!!
replyreply
04-23-2018, (Subject: cm 2350 coolant in oil ) 
I am not buying that, EGR Cooler with 9,000 miles...? I bet it is a liner, bad head or injector cup, and they are just pissing your time away. Just my .02
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BobsYourUncle

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.