cm 2350 coolant in oil
04-23-2018, (Subject: cm 2350 coolant in oil ) 
RE: cm 2350 coolant in oil
(04-23-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  I am not buying that, EGR Cooler with 9,000 miles...? I bet it is a liner, bad head or injector cup, and they are just pissing your time away. Just my .02

Boy I hope your wrong
replyreply
04-23-2018, (Subject: cm 2350 coolant in oil ) 
(04-23-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  
(04-23-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  I am not buying that, EGR Cooler with 9,000 miles...? I bet it is a liner, bad head or injector cup, and they are just pissing your time away. Just my .02
Boy I hope your wrong

A cooler and a valve?
Sure, that'll look good on a work order for the boss, repeat customers are the best kind.

(04-23-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  "UPDATE..... I found a Cummins dealer that agreed to check this thing out for me...

And you can bet they'll agree to perform that in-frame in too.
replyreply
04-24-2018, (Subject: cm 2350 coolant in oil ) 
(04-23-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  

Boy I hope your wrong

Been down this road more than once.
replyreply
If I had an engine that had a head/gasket issue, even if it only had 100 miles on it and was under full warranty,.. i would re-build it myself before letting a stealershit do it. I'll pay for the parts,.. Sorry, but i just don't like getting a half-arssed repair done these days by a bunch of trunk monkeys.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
I don't disagree with you guys about that. It just comes down to having the time, I just don't. I'm not an OTR driver with just 1 truck to take care of. Hopefully with a little luck they will actually fix the problem.
replyreply
Rawze has brought up the idea b4 of hiring a labor mechanic and just instructing him on proper procedure and micro managing the hell out of him. I don't think its a bad idea and it frees up your hands for other work without the long term headache and expense of an employee.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
04-25-2018, (Subject: cm 2350 coolant in oil ) 
(04-24-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Rawze has brought up the idea b4 of hiring a labor mechanic and just instructing him on proper procedure and micro managing the hell out of him. I don't think its a bad idea and it frees up your hands for other work without the long term headache and expense of an employee.

I've thought about that but I would have to be right there over his shoulder babysitting or what's the difference between him and the dealer?
replyreply
Because disassembly is a wrench turners job. Just instruct how you want things organized. Then on assembly, don't hire just any monkey. Someone with the knowledge of a torque wrench and ability to follow directions and a strong disire to get paid after the job is performed correctly should free up a good bit of time. The difference is your not fighting thru someone else's sh1t business structure and management to get right to the wrench turner. Most Tech's want to do the job right. Its all the crap practices around them that wont allow them to be top notch.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze , tree98
(04-25-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Because disassembly is a wrench turners job. Just instruct how you want things organized. Then on assembly, don't hire just any monkey. Someone with the knowledge of a torque wrench and ability to follow directions and a strong disire to get paid after the job is performed correctly should free up a good bit of time. The difference is your not fighting thru someone else's sh1t business structure and management to get right to the wrench turner. Most Tech's want to do the job right. Its all the crap practices around them that wont allow them to be top notch.

That is the truth, if you are surrounded with best practices, like what I see at Mr Haggai, the outcome is usually good. Go to my dealers shop, where there is no guidance or anything close to best practices, you get the results I find myself with. Find a good young man or woman and train them accordingly. Good suggestion Chamberpains.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.