Headlights upgrades
04-18-2018, (Subject: Headlights upgrades ) 
RE: Headlights upgrades
Few things to remember with HID's.

Durability is lower and power consumption higher than LED. However, I agree that LED headlights bulbs kind of suck if the lens wasn't originally intended to use them (like they were originally designed for halogen). In this case I would go HID.

Use HID's with a headlight intended for or compatible with them. DONT put them into a standard housing, because yes you will blind everyone! If they aren't in the proper fixture, instead of having that cut off line to keep your lights out of oncoming traffic, you will have a light just recklessly putting light out EVERYWHERE, including people's eyes.

Say no to China!

Carry spare bulbs. Don't touch the bulbs with your bare hands. Expect to replace the bulbs fairly often with HID's.

Say no to China!

Don't give up the brights.

Say no to China!

If you replace the lens, make sure it's marked DOT on the outside.

Say no to China!

Go for white light, not yellow, not blue, not purple. For me it was right around 4000k. When the light starts turning blue, or some people call it daylight, It's been my experience that the light intensity goes down.

If someone got paid a bowl of rice to make it...oh yeah, say no to China!

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Brock , MCRENT , Matt

Messages In This Thread
Headlights upgrades - Vlad - 04-18-2018,
RE: Headlights upgrades - barf - 04-18-2018,
RE: Headlights upgrades - dhirocz - 04-18-2018
RE: Headlights upgrades - Vlad - 04-28-2018,
RE: Headlights upgrades - Matt - 04-28-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.