Truck wont start....dont let this throw you off....
04-07-2016, (Subject: Truck wont start....dont let this throw you off.... ) 
Truck wont start....dont let this throw you off....
Got a call from one of our drivers. He got home and after a couple of days the truck would not start. After replacing the lift pump and checking fuel flow he was at his wits end so he called me. I started to focus on the fuel shutoff solenoid but after he told me Insite was showing 70 psi while cranking I began to focus on the fuel pump. He pulled it off and the wheel was spinning pretty freely. The truck needs more than 70 to fire up so I advised him to replace the fuel pump. Truck is running great.

What it the lesson? One day the truck runs.....one day it doesnt. He didnt realize the truck was running weak because it was a gradual decrease in performance. Things like this make us think a wire came loose or an electric something went bad. Its nice to have people you can ask questions to so we can overcome this.

Another thing.....I am replacing my fuel pump. It has a lotta miles on it and I believe I may be having the same problem.

We both have CM870's
replyreply
04-07-2016, (Subject: Truck wont start....dont let this throw you off.... ) 
RE: Truck wont start....dont let this throw you off....
I'll bet that your fuel efficiency will go up as well.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
04-08-2016, (Subject: Truck wont start....dont let this throw you off.... ) 
RE: Truck wont start....dont let this throw you off....
(04-07-2016 )Hedley Wrote:  I'll bet that your fuel efficiency will go up as well.

It may be the reason I have an issue with fuel mileage while loaded. I will be replacing mine....it has over 800k on it.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.