DD13/15/16 Oil Change Warning From Detroit
04-18-2018, (Subject: DD13/15/16 Oil Change Warning From Detroit ) 
DD13/15/16 Oil Change Warning From Detroit
Found this by chance while surfing the web today. If you change your own oil in the Detroit DD series engines, or even if you don't, you need to read this TSB from Detroit. It describes the oil bypass standpipe inside the filter housing which is used to allow oil to bypass the filter when you start the engine in order to quickly get oil to the sputtered bearings that Detroit uses. If you have a shop change your oil, look inside the filter housing to see if it's been damaged.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  DD Platform Bearing Failure Guide (DDC-SVC-MAN-0196)_1 (1).pdf (Size: 2.96 MB / Downloads: 130)

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , gsain
04-19-2018, (Subject: DD13/15/16 Oil Change Warning From Detroit ) 
RE: DD13/15/16 Oil Change Warning From Detroit
Speedco has a policy that states they should never replace the oil and fuel filters at the same time on a DD engine. This will make one spin a rod/main bearing as they get old. - They have had many law-suits of this problem with detroit engines.

Procedure is to replace oil first, get truck cranked back up and oil pressure built back up, then shut down and replace the fuel filter(s).

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: bossboy2
04-19-2018, (Subject: DD13/15/16 Oil Change Warning From Detroit ) 
RE: DD13/15/16 Oil Change Warning From Detroit
Yes, I read that one in the past.
It is a small struggle to get the filter to come out with the air intake slightly in the way on my Cascadia. Another reason I like doing the work myself, I can take the time to be gentle on the filter removal. Not just rip it out like a gorilla at a service centre where speed is more important than quality.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , bossboy2 , Doublecoin

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.