fleetgaurd filter
04-20-2018, (Subject: fleetgaurd filter ) 
RE: fleetgaurd filter
(04-19-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  Fleetguard changed the design, now Baldwin has that problem. Myself, I use Fleetguard filters, have for years without issue.

Where have you heard that Baldwin filters are having this issue?

I run Baldwin filters, and have for years, so I'd like to know if it is an issue and where have you heard it?

When I did my flywheel housing gasket job back in January I found a whole o-ring stuck in the oil crossover rifle. It had been in there for years as it was hardened solid.
It was clearly an old F/G filter o-ring, as I immediately grabbed a used and new Baldwin filter to compare as I was shocked to find it.
The Baldwin filter o-rings are more than twice the thickness of the hardened one I found, and clearly not the source.

Post # 24 of THIS thread shows pics and discusses the obvious o-ring difference.

I actually still have a very old F/G filter that plugged up on me (yes I save stupid shi#t), and I pulled the o-ring from it, and it was a dead match, so this o-ring had luckily for me stayed in one piece and trapped from a service done long ago.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(04-20-2018 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(04-19-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  Fleetguard changed the design, now Baldwin has that problem. Myself, I use Fleetguard filters, have for years without issue.

I run Baldwin filters, and have for years, so I'd like to know if it is an issue and where have you heard it?

When I did my flywheel housing gasket job back in January I found a whole o-ring stuck in the oil crossover rifle. It had been in there for years as it was hardened solid.
It was clearly an old F/G filter o-ring, as I immediately grabbed a used and new Baldwin filter to compare as I was shocked to find it.
The Baldwin filter o-rings are more than twice the thickness of the hardened one I found, and clearly not the source.

Post # 24 of THIS thread shows pics and discusses the obvious o-ring difference.

I actually still have a very old F/G filter that plugged up on me (yes I save stupid shi#t), and I pulled the o-ring from it, and it was a dead match, so this o-ring had luckily for me stayed in one piece and trapped from a service done long ago.

I got that from Rawze, I think Mr Hagg was the source of this information. I'll do some digging to clarify...
replyreply
(04-20-2018 )Hammerhead Wrote:  

I have found at least 3 last year inside the engine blocks with the BALDWIN THICKER O-RING IN THEM!!! -- IT IS STILL A PROBLEM!!!

Take any LF1400NN filter and look at the o-ruing design. They removed the o-ruing and put a tabbed seal instead to prevent just this problem.

I will only ever use fleet-guard because of this issue alone.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , Toolguy
04-21-2018, (Subject: fleetgaurd filter ) 
Is the LF14000NN a direct replacement for the 9070? Which one should a guy use? I just put on a 9070 yesterday and it's all I've been using.
replyreply
04-21-2018, (Subject: fleetgaurd filter ) 
Yes 14000nn is the newest. 9070,9080,etc. Are older.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.