PARTS STORE
04-19-2018, (Subject: PARTS STORE ) 
PARTS STORE
can any one tell me were i could get parts for the def,dpf system with out going to the dealer or is the dealer my best bet to get the parts from..
replyreply
04-20-2018, (Subject: PARTS STORE ) 
RE: PARTS STORE
Unilevers will sell you a certain part that will prevent any future breakdown of the aftertreatment system. Your truck will run flawlessly as soon as it'll be installed. Its a guarantee'd fit, form and function as well and isn't made in China. Comes with service after the sale too. Try it, you wont be disappointed.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , Brock , Waterloo , gatow900 , scottydogtruck , lonestar16 , Squish099 , hhow55
I've seen road warrior dpf replacementa being sold at ft Gary.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: lonestar16
(04-19-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  can any one tell me were i could get parts for the def,dpf system with out going to the dealer or is the dealer my best bet to get the parts from..

there are after-market filters avail. -- They are S%it, have about 1/3 the platinum in them and don't last very long.

replace with OEM or de-mandate. That is your choices as far as I can see.

Not encouraging it but there has been at least 3 dozen guys over the last several years or so on this forum who do exactly what you are doing,... replace DOC,.. replace DPF,.. replace sensors ,,... complain some more,... try to go cheaper,.. try to keep after it in that older aging engine.... afraid to de-mandate it like they are the only one on the planet going to get caught or something when more than 60% of all owner-op trucks are already done that way ... only to finally give up and axe the whole thing after wasting money after money and fighting the inevitable. -- Just saying.

Even the local city garbage trucks and the school busses and the US postal service have de-mandated most of their fleets -- WHY?--- BECAUSE THEY CAN'T KEEP THEM ON THE DAMN ROADS IF THEY DON'T!.

Like I said though,.. I do not tell people to do such a thing,.. they have to make that decision on their own but I DON'T BLAME THEM ONE DAMN BIT!!! because most ppl are faced with doing this or go broke trying to keep the truck on the road at some point.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz , t700 , barf , gatow900 , Volvo8873 , Signature620 , iceman , scottydogtruck , lonestar16 , kalsandhu , Hammerhead , Waterloo , hhow55
i was trying to keep everything on the truck in do the right thing dont mind spending the money if that what is need to be done it just seam like its a never ending deal..do u think if i keep up on the system that it would last for a a good bit..and any clue what it would cost n how would i find a shop that would do good work to axe the crap ..so far im not having any problems with it in ive been watching ur youtub video to learn how to stay on top of the system..so thank u i have learn alot from them
replyreply
(04-20-2018 )Brock Wrote:  I've seen road warrior dpf replacementa being sold at ft Gary.
what or who is ft Gary
replyreply
(04-20-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  is ft Gary

Fort Garry Industries, a heavy truck parts chain located in Canada.
https://www.fortgarryindustries.com/
replyreply
(04-20-2018 )barf Wrote:  
(04-20-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  is ft Gary

Fort Garry Industries, a heavy truck parts chain located in Canada.
https://www.fortgarryindustries.com/

thank u but im not allowed in canada so i guess im stuck
replyreply
04-21-2018, (Subject: PARTS STORE ) 
is it possible to make the system work like it is suppose to as long as u keep it clean as best as u can..i no idling is a big part in making the system fail sooner then it should ..not good with computer so can anyone recommend a good shop to have the insite ran so i can get some base numbers to keep and eye on..
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.