mud flap hangers - narrow frame
04-20-2018, (Subject: mud flap hangers - narrow frame ) 
mud flap hangers - narrow frame
I'm going to guess that ProStar frames are 2 inches narrower than the average truck. I have to put new holes in a mudflap and move it over 1 inch to line up with the tires. My mudflap hangers are old and broken so I'm thinking of going with new ones with 3 lights in each side.

1. Do these last very long?

2. What do most of you do; move the mudflap over 1 inch or has anyone put a 1 inch spacer between the frame and hanger?
replyreply
04-20-2018, (Subject: mud flap hangers - narrow frame ) 
RE: mud flap hangers - narrow frame
(04-20-2018 )barf Wrote:  I'm going to guess that ProStar frames are 2 inches narrower than the average truck. I have to put new holes in a mudflap and move it over 1 inch to line up with the tires. My mudflap hangers are old and broken so I'm thinking of going with new ones with 3 lights in each side.

1. Do these last very long?

2. What do most of you do; move the mudflap over 1 inch or has anyone put a 1 inch spacer between the frame and hanger?

I'm not sure if your truck has a narrow frame compared to others because my Volvo of 2011 vintage also has that 1 inch of tire showing outside the dealer installed mudflaps (flaps fit within the frame of the hangers). I have never had a problem with a twice yearly safety inspection because of this.

Having had in the past destroyed a super single (only the side walls were left) in eastern SK, the only option the carrier had was to dual up that wheel position until they could get the trailer to a terminal. With the duals on, the tires stuck out past the mud flap about an inch.

So I think the new mudflap hangers are made for wide base tires. I have thought about trimming the flaps so I can move them over but there's always something that is more important.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.