Not starting
04-21-2018, (Subject: Not starting ) 
Not starting
2010 871, 719k on it, T800, still has mandate on truck.

My truck has been parked for 3 weeks now ( she usually is down this time of year for a bit). Usually fire truck up every weekend but with the recent snow storms I haven't made it back home for the last month long enough to give her a look over.

No faults, turns over, just not firing over. Sounds like the clickaty click goes through its cycle fine and primer ( lift pump) is running; but doesn't have the sound of before where it changes pitch. Truck has never lost her prime after sitting for awhile.

"I have even had to change fuel filters in the middle of nowhere without filling filters, and she started after 5 or so start cycles before I rolled over".

Any thoughts if primer pump has given up the ghost, or any other thoughts. Will replace filters today and dig into a few other possible issues.

Thinking back on this two months ago headed to haggs ( before I turned around and came home), engine light coming on, no power, looping on the governor- and at operating speed.

Fuel pump?

User's Signature: "KW is my choice of trucks"
replyreply
RE: Not starting
Check the fuel pressure while cranking.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(04-21-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  Check the fuel pressure while cranking.

Will do, where would a good place to put a gauge be?
Better yet might be a post on here about it; let me see if I can find it.

replyreply
(04-21-2018 )Ragindirt Wrote:  
(04-21-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  Check the fuel pressure while cranking.

Will do, where would a good place to put a gauge be?
Better yet might be a post on here about it; let me see if I can find it.

I just use Insite. It should be more than 50 psi.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I've heard The isx won't fire the injectors under a certain voltage. Have you boosted the truck? Overseen twice where someone called the local mechanic saying it was cranking good but wouldn't fire, 2 minutes boosting they fired right up.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
04-22-2018, (Subject: Not starting ) 
Fired right up yesterday, couple of cycle with key active; third time rolled her over and she kicked right off. Friend could not make it with in site, maybe today I will get to look at pressure.
Batteries had 12.4 volts....as much as my solar panel will let through modulator.
Going to pull the two checks off pump housing today and see if their bad, and replace it they look f...ered.
One thing I did notice, shut her off after a good long warm up; fuel drained back to tank(s) longer then one would think. Sounded like and old man pudding, dribble, dribble.
I am old so I know.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.