check engine light / abs light/ dpf light
04-07-2016, (Subject: check engine light / abs light/ dpf light ) 
check engine light / abs light/ dpf light
Have a 09 Pete 387 with isx 871 sometimes the check engine light will come on and at the same time the truck abs light will come on! If they stay on long enough both dpf status lights will flash. Has done this twice in the past month. Recently cleaned I map sensor (clogged ) and the muffler went bad replaced with a straight pipe! Any help thanks joe
replyreply
RE: check engine light / abs light/ dpf light
This was discussed somewhere here not long ago, found it! http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=105&page=2

I have the same issues with my ProStar, and my thinking is that it is the ABS sensor/cable from my hub/brake to the harness off of my steers. In my case with the ProStar it lit up and flashed the ABS and Jake Brake idiot lights and gave me a short warning from the buzzer.

I power washed the brakes on the front of the truck and the problem stopped. Not saying it is fixed, but hoping it was just road grime or salt in the sensor as the weather was pretty nasty when all of this was going on this past winter here in MI.

I will address this after I get the truck back from the in frame. The new ABS cable/sensor is $167 at the stealership. I need to figure out which one is bad and go from there or just replace both when the problem is properly diagnosed. As far as I know, it had no effect on my braking or truck performance.
replyreply
RE: check engine light / abs light/ dpf light
That sounds like a power problem, loose grounds or something like that. The abs and the ecm are seperate modules and both upset at the same time and the dpf lamp is unlikely sounds like loose connection or something along those lines.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.