cm870 belt tensioner
04-24-2018, (Subject: cm870 belt tensioner ) 
RE: cm870 belt tensioner
(04-24-2018 )Brock Wrote:  Yeah the tensioner absolutely is not Cummins only, Cummins does not make tensioners. It's usually these guys or similar

http://m.acdelco.com/auto-parts/belts-an...ulley.html

Good information thanks!
replyreply
I know Goodyear makes the belt and an after market tensioner. Both have worked good for me. And the $$ is right. If you really have a problem with the auto tensioner, Granger's makes a manual bolt adjustment 1 that cost about $350. I'd have to search it again but know it exists.
replyreply
(04-24-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  I have always used a bit of plain water in a squirt bottle. I would think WD would leave an oily film?.

I only use a quick squirt to determine which belt is making the noise and if it's the belt or the tension at fault. A good belt with poor tension will keep squealing but a bad belt with good tension will tend to go silent for a moment.

It's not a science, just a trick that works for me 99% of the time.
replyreply
http://www.daycoproducts.com/dayco%C2%AE...-tensioner

You can go here and get the proper part number from dayco. You can cross that number to other manufacturers. I don’t know if you buy online. I used eBay and got the fan tensioner for 90 dollars that way. It was a genuine dayco. Good luck.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Chamberpains , Techmech
02-26-2024, (Subject: cm870 belt tensioner ) 
Does anyone know if the cm870 and cm871 share the same drive and accessory belt? if yes i have the part number already for the accessory belt from a 871 i would just want to know the drive belt part number now. I use the cummins online store to ask for the cm870 belt for the truck but they said i have to get that info from truck manufacturer. thanks
replyreply
(02-26-2024 )3406E Wrote:  Does anyone know if the cm870 and cm871 share the same drive and accessory belt? if yes i have the part number already for the accessory belt from a 871 i would just want to know the drive belt part number now. I use the cummins online store to ask for the cm870 belt for the truck but they said i have to get that info from truck manufacturer. thanks

go to ...

parts.cummins.com

and put in the engine ser# (ESN#) on the search bar and all access to parts and other info is right there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 3406E , Techmech
thanks
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.